Senior Product Designer
Cvent | Technology | Tysons Corner, VA
Cvent is a leading cloud-based enterprise event management platform that offers software solutions to event planners for online event registration, venue selection, event management, mobile apps for events, e-mail marketing and web surveys. Our solutions optimize the entire event management value chain and have enabled clients around the world to manage hundreds of thousands of meetings and events.
UX @Cvent is passionate about creating the best experience for anyone who plans and attends meetings and events. We are the map makers, designers, builders, and champions for those who need to stay on top of a thousand details and deadlines. Our aim is to empower people to connect, learn, and foster community.
The Product Designers within the User Experience group design products to be simple, innovative, and accessible. You will partner with product managers, developers, researchers, UI-Visual designers, and writers to design human-centered products that meet market needs. You will be involved in each phase of the project, from early discovery and concept work through development.
What You Will Be Doing
Sr. Product Designers are highly skilled user experienced professionals. You will focus on information architecture, user flow design, interaction design, and user research on medium to large sized projects. You will independently manage your projects, but work closely with a design manager or principal designer. You will often be the resident expert on a specific product or area of a product. You will work with Agile sprint teams championing human-centered design and help shape design practices that work best with Agile Methods.
- Solve complex problems and drive multiple medium-to-large scale efforts simultaneously.
- Approach each project with consideration for the larger Cvent platform and business model. Deeply understand multiple products beyond your own product area, and be mindful of touchpoints in the overall user journey across the platform.
- Create proposals for design and research plans with guidance from the leads. Author and maintain UX briefs and prioritize design activities.
- Design for broad user base with multiple personas and scenarios. Dive into existing user research, metrics and balance with intuition and sensibility.
- Conduct or participate in usability tests and apply learnings to enhance your designs. Be comfortable talking to customers for research purposes.
- Confidently present designs to peers, stakeholders and leadership, and articulate rationales behind design decisions.
- Lead and facilitate design collaboration sessions and reviews. Proactively seek feedback and input from those involved in the projects.
- Embrace and adopt our product design system – UX standards, best practices, styles, patterns and guidelines – as well as contribute to it by introducing emerging design techniques and their appropriate usage.
- Mentor and guide junior designers and their work within your projects.
- Visualize and communicate design solutions via workflow diagrams, storyboards, click-through wireframes, high-fidelity screens (utilizing our style guides), and design documentations., supporting a sprint team executing multiplatform designs through to release.
What You Need for this Position
- Master’s degree in HCI, Design or a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in HCI, Design, or a related field with equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a UX professional at a technology company or agency.
- Expert in design, presentation, and prototyping tools (e.g., Sketch and InVision).
- An understanding of user research methodologies.
What We Offer
We provide top-notch benefits, including 100%-paid health and dental, ample PTO, 401(k), a flexible schedule, parking, paid holidays, tons of growth opportunitites, regular fun events and, last but certainly not least, a dog-friendly office enviornment.
We are 100% committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and fostering a diverse, inclusive, and nurturing work environment. And we wouldn’t have it any other way.