Lead Android Developer
Cvent | Technology | Fredericton, New Brunswick
What We Do:
Cvent is a leading cloud-based enterprise event management platform that offers software solutions to event planners for online event registration, venue selection, event management, mobile apps for events, e-mail marketing and web surveys. Our solutions optimize the entire event management value chain and have enabled clients around the world to manage hundreds of thousands of meetings and events.
As a Lead Android Developer on the LeadCapture team, you will be a key member of our mobile engineering team, responsible for developing industry-leading mobile applications. This is an experienced position that requires fluency with Java and the latest improvements in the Android SDK. You are motivated to explore and deliver the best possible solutions to our users.
- Support our Android client, helping find ways to architect and build new features in efficient, extensible, and maintainable ways.
- Work with a large team of developers and architects across a range of languages and platforms on cross-functional Agile sprint teams.
- Push the boundaries of what’s possible with creative solutions to hard, mobile-centric problems like synchronization, asynchronous APIs, and leveraging offline device capabilities.
- Create intuitive, custom UI controls and interfaces that match our great user experience.
- Help mentor and coach other developers on best practices, standards, design patterns and other items.
- Research the latest technologies, test, implement, and report back to the team on what you’ve discovered.
What You Need for this Position
- 7+ years of overall development experience within a commercial enterprise/product environment
- 3+ years’ experience with Android development- and a passion for it!
- BSc in Computer Science or comparable degree or work experience
- Mastery of Java, design patterns, Git and the Android SDK toolchain.
- Experience collaborating with other senior developers and architects across multiple platforms in an Agile environment.
- Extensive hands-on experience creating custom UI controls, consuming RESTful APIs, designing protocols, implementing delegate interfaces, animations, and performance optimization.
- Understanding of the nuances of fragments and Android XML layouts, how they interact throughout the Android Activity Lifecycle, and how to leverage best practices to create adaptive interfaces for both phone and tablet.
- Extensive use of TDD.
- Familiarity with common 3rd party libraries for testing and development such as Retrofit, Mockito, HockeyApp/Crashlytics, Picasso, EventBus etc.
- Experience mentoring and coaching other developers and teams with best practices.
- Strong communicator with experience working on globally distributed teams across multiple timezones.
- You know how to get the most out of the Android platform.
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with iOS development in Swift or Objective-C
- Familiarity with Kotlin
- Experience working with Java and related technologies on the server
- Experience with React Native
- Direct Experience deploying Android applications to the Google Play Store
What We Offer:
Cvent offers a fun, collegial work environment tailored to sharpening your technical skills and growing as a software professional. While we have evolved from startup to mid-sized company, our Technology Team has preserved an entrepreneurial and merit-driven culture where meaningful initiative and contribution are recognized and rewarded.
Need more reasons to consider us? We offer competitive salary packages, an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, formal bonuses up to 10%, competitive PTO, 401K match, summer hours, gym membership discounts and other great perks! If you would like to learn more about Cvent and our products, visit our website at www.cvent.com.