Software Engineering Intern (Spring Semester)
PowerSchool | R&D | Bethlehem, PA
This position is a working student internship and will work
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Investigate and resolve issues reported for a large web application following best practices such as authoring or updating unit tests, writing maintainable code, applying established patterns and algorithms.
- Analyze performance and develop improvements to
performanceof web application.
- Assist with security updates to
- Perform upgrades to 3rd party libraries and tools used by the web application
- Assist in implementing new web application software features and products following best practices such as authoring of unit tests, writing maintainable code, applying established patterns and algorithms
- Specialize in client or
server sideweb application development as a member of a project team. Preference for familiarity with the full technicalstack.
- Assist in developing software to support internal initiatives, tools, update framework and application functionality
- Work as part of an Agile SCRUM team in the planning, scoping, estimation and execution of technical solutions
- Work within a wide range of new and legacy code and technologies in a mature codebase
- Other duties as assigned
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- This is an entry level position; the ideal person needs to be motivated and willing to learn
- Working toward
bachelor’sdegree (computer science or information technologies preferred) or recent graduate Last Modified Date: June 2017 Page 2
- Some knowledge of current web client technologies including
- Basic understanding of SQL
- Basic Understanding of C++ and C# is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle a heavy workload with multiple projects and frequent interruptions
- Ability to work in a changing, dynamic environment