Ping Identity | Information Systems (8120) | Denver, CO
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
Ping Identity is seeking an LMS Administrator to join our fast-paced Information Systems Team. This exciting opportunity works cross-functionality with all areas of the business. The LMS Administrator is responsible for ongoing administration, support, and training of Ping’s learning management system.
- Manage the daily utilization and maintenance of the Learning Management System (LMS)
- Identify and implement operational improvements, enhancements, and customizations
- Work closely with business leaders, project managers, developers, and internal clients in the design, configuration of LMS
- Interpret business requirements, provide accurate estimates, and meet deadlines on deliverables
- Provide guidance on upgrade needs/future functionality
- Promote and document best practices for internal LMS business administrators
- Maintain learning records and historical training data
- Create and maintain thorough documentation, in technical and non-technical terms.
- Ensure SLAs are met for daily support provided via helpdesk management, quality assessments, and metric evaluation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented, well organized, and ability to multi-task in a result-oriented business environment
- Must be service oriented with the ability to thrive in a team environment
- Action-oriented and proactive, continually displaying a sense of urgency
- Ability to quickly translate ideas and/or needs into working solutions
- Proven creativity and problem-solving skills; ability to work around obstacles and solve problems with minimal direction
Knowledge & Experience:
- 1-2 years experience administering a SCORM compatible Learning Management System
- BS/BA in HR, IT or a related field of study or relevant professional experience
- Knowledge of adult learning methodologies