Sr Manager Cloud Operations
Cvent | Information Technology | Gurgaon, Haryana
Cvent, Inc. (www.cvent.com) is the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software for meetings and event management. Our platform of products includes software to manage and facilitate online event registration, meeting site selection, event management, e-mail marketing and web surveys. We also develop mobile apps for both corporate and consumer events. Founded in 1999, we currently have 3300+ talented and dedicated employees and are headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C., in McLean, Virginia, with additional U.S. offices in Portland, Oregon; Austin, Texas, and Los Angeles, California. Internationally we have offices in New Delhi, India, and London, England. Cvent has received several awards and honors recognizing our strong company culture, innovative products, stellar customer service and support, visionary leadership and investment in our employees. We currently have job openings across all departments and locations and are looking to add valuable team members to further strengthen the company’s DNA.
Senior Manager, Cloud Operations will manage teams that support Cvent’s mission-critical SaaS hosting infrastructure and supporting services by leading the Cloud Infrastructure and Cloud Automation teams in India, working in close coordination with colleagues in McLean, VA. You will be responsible for hiring, coaching, and engaging talented engineers in a fast-changing and innovative environment. You will work closely with cross-functional and geographically distributed teams that include DevOps, DBA, Network, SRE, NOC, and InfoSec professionals.
- Manage and coordinate day to day activities of the Cloud Infrastructure and Cloud Automation teams in a global support model and continuously keep goals and deliverables aligned with the US team members and management.
- Support management of colocation datacenters, AWS cloud environments, and automation platforms to ensure operational excellence.
- Provide guidance for resource management and operations coverage for 24x7 infrastructure hosting which runs world-class SaaS applications.
- Guide engineers developing automation to provision and manage infrastructure resources in a diverse, hybrid cloud environment.
- Support continued refinement and expansion of infrastructure health monitoring and incident response.
- Develop and grow the team through recruitment, trainings, challenging assignments, and rewards/recognition on consistent basis.
- Ensure teams follow the established change and incident and change management processes.
- Understand and continuously recommend improvements to Cloud Operations processes, documentation, and tools.
- Obtain and keep up to date the organizational and technical knowledge required to perform the role.
The Cloud Operations team is responsible for providing world-class infrastructure for hosting Cvent’s SaaS platforms – operating out of both on-premises datacenters and the public cloud.
This role requires a seasoned, skilled, independent, self-motivated, and smart leader, who is experienced with 24x7 mission-critical cloud infrastructure, operations, processes, tools, and best practices. The ideal candidate must possess excellent communication skills, including ability to interact and work with staff and leadership at all levels, in person as well as over email, phone, and video. The selected candidate will have proven ability to lead, facilitate, and motivate teams.
- 12+ years of experience in IT including 5+ years in a management/leadership position in a cloud, online services, or SaaS product-based organization.
Significant practical experience managing or supporting large-scale on-prem and public cloud infrastructure, including:
- Sizeable AWS public cloud infrastructure
- Large on-prem datacenters, servers, storage and VMware virtualization
- Configuration management and infrastructure automation platforms, e.g. Chef, Jenkins, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation
- Infrastructure and application monitoring tools, e.g. Datadog, New Relic, Splunk.
- Significant practical experience with 24x7 support or administration of large-scale, transaction-intensive, multi-site, international IT infrastructure operations involving thousands of servers and 99.99% SLA.
- Good working knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems, virtualization, SQL and/or NoSQL databases, servers, storage, web servers, networking concepts, and infrastructure security.
- Practical experience or a high level of comfort working with DevOps teams in a fast-moving, agile software development environment.
- Good understanding of incident and change management processes in an agile environment
- Flexibility, adaptability, and ability to deal with ambiguous situations on a consistent basis.
- Strong work ethic, highly organized, able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Due to 24x7x365 nature of cloud infrastructure operations, this role may require flexible work schedule and off-hours support from time to time.