Manager, Regulatory and Compliance Services
Vertafore | Professional Services | East Lansing, MI
Vertafore is a top provider of software for the insurance industry that keeps transforming. We create award-winning solutions to boost productivity, lower costs and help agents and carriers grow their businesses.
Our East Lansing location is looking for people interested in working for a high performing, technology company. We are using emerging technologies in a customer-centric atmosphere that cultivates teamwork to deliver results.
Located minutes from Michigan State University and downtown Lansing, we have an opportunity for a driven and energetic leader on our Regulatory and Compliance Services (RCS) team. Our RCS team is responsible to ensure that our software is compliant with the various state and federal laws and regulations, as well as ensuring that our services are available to customers as they need them.
• Mentor and coach a team of RCS analysts and regulatory knowledge tool editors.
• Set and achieve department goals consistent with business goals.
• Hire and train new staff to be productive and efficient.
• Drive process improvements within the team to ensure business goals are met.
• Manage expenses within budgetary guidelines.
• Collaborate with various teams across the business to ensure customer commitments and service level agreements are met.
• Foster teamwork and encourage cross-departmental collaboration
• Lead a cross-functional regulatory operations team to drive high quality services.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Coaching, mentoring, and motivational skills.
• Ability to work cross-functionally to build solid working relationship across the organization.
• Be an innovative and creative thinker, problem solver, and sound decision maker.
• Excel in a fast-paced, agile team environment.
• Understand budgets and other financial reports, and possess the ability to achieve business objections within budget.
• Insurance and securities industry knowledge.
• Understanding of business software development and software configuration.
• Prior leadership / management experience.
• Four year degree or commensurate experience.