Director of Sales Operations
Granicus | Sales | Washington, DC
The Director of Sales Operations manages support functions essential to sales force productivity. These include planning, reporting, quota management, sales process optimization, sales program implementation, and sales compensation administration and assistance with sales compensation design. The Director of Sales Operations is responsible for measurement of the overall productivity and effectiveness of the assigned sales organization. The Director of Sales Operations also works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within the sales organization.
The position will report to the EVP of Sales. This position requires exceptional consultative skills, problem solving ability, and an ability to translate KPI’s into process improvement initiatives. The Director of Sales Operations will have expertise in supporting similar technology sales organizations that serve government and/or large commercial organizations—preferably products related to customer service, customer relationship management (CRM), or e-government. The Director of Sales Operations will bring a detail-oriented approach to the job and have the skills and experience to optimize the entire sales process from lead generation to procurement working with Granicus’s account executives, client success consultants, marketing, project management, and contracting resources.
- Coordinates sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes used within the sales organization. Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts. As needed, coordinates planning activities with other functions and stakeholders within the company.
- Supports the equitable assignment of sales force quotas and ensures quotas are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources.
- Works to ensure all sales organization objectives are assigned in a timely fashion.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process improvement. Works closely with sales management to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement. Assists sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies. Facilitates an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization. Recommends revisions to existing reports, or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
- Supports the implementation of enabling technologies, including CRM, to field sales teams. Monitors the assigned sales organization’s compliance with required standards for maintaining CRM data. Works closely with sales management to optimize the effectiveness of the firm’s technology investments.
- Drives the requirements and subsequent implementation of those requirements in the contracts, pricing and quoting engine to facilitate a timely and accurate quoting process.
- Provides input to senior leadership in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs.
- Working with Accounting, Finance, Contracts, and Human Resources, provides assistance with sales incentive compensation administration on an as-needed basis, or when required to arbitrate or clarify the application of sales compensation program policies and procedures.
- Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives.
- Builds peer support and strong internal-company relationships with other key management personnel.
Security Requirement: Responsible for Granicus information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Granicus information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
- Five or more years of increasing responsibility in a similar role at a successful software company
- Impressive track record supporting the sales of products to government or large corporations, customer service, customer relationship management (CRM), or e-government.
- Expertise using and training on consultative and solution selling techniques
- Proven account planning skills
- Aptitude for crafting engaging communications to the appropriate technical level
- Knowledge of Web technologies
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Product experience working with SaaS offerings
- Strong analytical skills
- Outstanding team player
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.