Ping Identity | Knowledge Management (4100) | Denver, CO
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
As a Solutions Technical Writer, you will work across products and teams to create and maintain technical documentation for a wide variety of solutions built on Ping Identity products. Because you will be working with a dynamic team under the guidance of a lead writer, you are passionate about teamwork. Because our products are interesting and complex, your self-driven curiosity will be the key to your success. And because we hold ourselves to a high standard, your attention to detail and passion for quality will be your greatest asset.
- Create comprehensive technical documentation for a wide audience, including solution architects, administrators and developers.
- Collaborate with lead writers and other stakeholders to define requirements.
- Adhere to documentation plans and schedules.
- Create and maintain operational procedures and manuals.
- Achieve and maintain relevant product knowledge
- Maintain consistency in tone and style.
- Manage updates and revisions to existing documentation.
- Resolve reported documentation issues.
- Identify new documentation needs or opportunities.
- Stay current on identity security technology and Ping Identity product releases.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, a related field, OR equivalent experience working in a technical writing position.
- 1 - 5 years of experience
- Ability and initiative to learn new tools and technologies as required.
- Effective troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal English-language communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, with an eye for improving existing work.
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences.
- Self-starter, independent, fast learner, can-do attitude, and great interpersonal skills.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Identity and Access Management (IAM) experience.
- Experience with enterprise documentation projects and audiences.
- Experience with structured authoring and DITA.
- Experience using Oxygen XML Editor.
- Experience with source control and/or content management systems.
- Software development or application support experience.