Software Engineer II
DealerSocket | Engineering - Inventory | Dallas, TX
DealerSocket’s mission is to drive the future of automotive, by simplifying the experience for its customers and partners with a suite of seamlessly integrated products. We help dealers sell and service vehicles more profitably, while improving their customers’ experience. The DealerSocket Team is more than 1,000 employees strong, serving nearly 10,000 dealerships. Visit careers.dealersocket.com to learn more about how you can join our winning team!
Software Engineer II
DealerSocket is seeking dedicated and passionate developers to help improve our existing codebase as well as new projects on the cutting edge of technology. You will be a key player in engineering activities. Working with senior members you will define and maintain best practices for software engineering and design, implement and maintain new technological solutions. You must thrive in a culture of learning, teaching and teamwork. You should love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others. This role requires strong problem-solving skills, an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication as you deliver efficient, well designed and tested software for a positive user experience. Innovative thinking and and well designed products with an emphasis on performance are a necessity to give our users the best experience we can.
Essential Job Duties
- Complete complex engineering tasks
- Troubleshoot and solve code level problems quickly and efficiently
- Provide unit, integration and automation tests
- Establish coding standards and best practices
- Contribute to software design
- Collaborate with senior team members on design and implementation
- Collaborate with all SCRUM team members to deliver good results.
- Participate in SCRUM related events such as Sprint Planning, Retrospectives and Backlog Grooming
- Facilitate the decomposition of business requirements into use cases and acceptance criteria.
- Perform risk analysis on items completed by the team and drive risk-based regression testing for deliverables
- Maintain a positive attitude and work to influence others on the team to achieve their best.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent/proven professional experience
- 3-5 Years Software Engineering
- Leading engineering teams
- Experience working on an Agile Scrum Team
- Experience with Atlassian tools a plus
Skills & Expertise (Required)
- Web Services and Serialization (XML, JSON, SOAP, REST)
- NoSQL and SQL databases
- Experience writing optimized database queries
- Familiarity with at least one dynamic scripting language (PHP, Perl, Python or Ruby)
- Familiarity with at least one high level language (C++, Java, Objective C, C# etc..)
- Experience with React or Angular Programming
- Experience in architecting and developing web applications
- Experience in OOP Architecture, Design Patterns and Implementation
- Experience in performance analysis and tooling
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships, being supportive to colleagues where required
- Take responsibility for getting work done and tell others when you're stuck and need help.
- Work well independently as well as a team member
- Innovative thinker
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and integrate them into existing systems
- Good time management skills
- Problem Solver
- Good communication skills
- Attention to details
- Available to solve critical issues as necessary
- Good documentation skills