Senior Director/Director, Product Management
Cvent | Technology | Austin, TX
What We Do:
Cvent is a leading cloud-based enterprise event management platform that offers software solutions to event planners for online event registration, venue selection, event management, mobile apps for events, e-mail marketing and web surveys. Our solutions optimize the entire event management value chain and have enabled clients around the world to manage hundreds of thousands of meetings and events.
Cvent is looking for a Director of Product Management to join our rapidly growing company in McLean, VA or Austin, TX, to work on our Enterprise product line. As a Director of Product Management, you will help define and execute on the vision of the product roadmap. You will lead multiple product managers and agile scrum teams to execute projects while demonstrating sound judgment, critical and analytical thinking skills, leadership, and a sense of urgency. Fostering a team environment of shared ownership and being able to drive decisions effectively within the technology and business teams is essential.
The Director, Product Management is responsible for Cvent’s portfolio of event planner and attendee products in the Enterprise space. You will guide the evolution of the products and overall roadmap by analyzing client behavior, assessing internal/external feedback, in addition to the competitive landscape. The Director will be charged with ensuring the products and road map support the company’s overall strategy and goals while overseeing a group of dedicated Product Managers and Agile Product Owners.
- Drive an intellectual, process-oriented, and analytically-focused product management practice with a commitment to grow, protect, and diversify customer relationships.
- Overall ownership of product requirements and roadmaps for new products, as well as feature requests for existing products to meet changing market and competitive needs.
- Evaluate and establish 3rd party partnerships with complementary vendor solutions.
- Work closely with marketing, sales, customer support, senior management, and key stakeholders to develop go-to-market plans and business models for new solution offerings.
- Meet with clients and prospects via teleconference or face to face to receive direct feedback on product(s).
- Perform strategic analysis and provide recommendations to improve processes and/or work products for the department.
- Lead team of direct reports (Product Managers and Product Owners) as well as cross functional teams to define, guide and oversee products.
- Help to inform and review sales and marketing collateral.
- Assess and continuously improve approach to product portfolio management, feature request management, customer (internal/external) communication and advisory boards, as well as return on investment for significant features.
- Evaluate other corporate initiatives occurring to determine synergies or dependencies that should be considered.
- Provide a quarterly business report summarizing sales, services, upcoming activities, road blocks and additional dependencies in regards to growth.
- Bachelor's Degree required; MBA preferred.
- 10 or more years’ experience in product management, marketing or related field.
- Visionary leader with track record of working collaboratively to define goals and subsequent execution.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills at all levels, especially with Senior Management, sales, and customers.
- Strong commercial skills and ability to participate in sales negotiations and business decisions.
- Ability to drive and appropriately prioritize client requirements.
- Strong collaboration and cross functional partnership skills; ability to influence internal colleagues from all business functions.
- Strong communication (verbal and in writing) and presentation skills.
- Experience growing and managing a team.
- Experience with Agile, specifically SCRUM.
- Experience with Pragmatic Marketing’s framework preferred.
- Consumer or B2B mobile apps experience highly desired.
What We Offer:
We provide top-notch benefits, ample PTO, 401(k), a flexible schedule, paid holidays, tons of growth opportunities, and frequent activities/events.
We are 100% committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and fostering a diverse, inclusive, and nurturing work environment. And we wouldn’t have it any other way.