Project Manager/Project Lead, Sales and Finance Operations
Cvent | Project Management Office | Tysons Corner, VA
Since 1999, Cvent has been transforming the meetings and events industry by providing organizations with the technology they need to plan, promote, manage, and evaluate events more efficiently. As we continue to stake claim to the $565 billion dollar global meetings and events industry, we are looking for a project manager who is highly passionate and driven to further their career in the development of systems and process improvement for the company’s Quote to Cash program, working closely with Sales and Finance departments.
Due to tremendous growth, we are seeking a meticulously detailed individual, who is technically astute but also has a mastery of both communication and people skills to develop key strategic partnerships, while continuously driving improvement in measurable financial/business metrics.
This individual will deliver key process, IT and change management type of initiatives, from process re-engineering, vendor selection, data migration, process modeling, and system implementations, preferably in a SaaS or high growth environment. They will also lead and manage on time and on budget delivery of projects.
This individual will champion project management best practices across the organization and drive the implementation of global sales and financial projects while working alongside talented, astute, intelligent, driven and innovative individuals in a growing and entrepreneurial environment.
What You Will Be Doing
- Manage process redesign and change management projects for our Quote to Cash program, and other Sales and Finance focused initiatives
- Prepare project plans/status reports and track progress on the projects
- Facilitate cross functional/interdepartmental requirements gathering and solution design
- Document current business process flows and problem statements
- Work with Sales and Finance project stakeholders in supporting them with day to day issues
- Coordinate and manage application support with vendors and external consultants when applicable
What You Need For This Position
- Professional with bachelor’s degree in Systems/Finance/Business and 5-7 years relevant work experience
- Experience in systems analysis and requirements gathering
- Highly motivated, results oriented, able to perform independently and effectively, with the ability to drive continuous improvement.
- Detail oriented with understanding of the "big picture”
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and able to work well with high performance teams
- Self-starter, action oriented with strong recognition of schedule
- Ability to comfortably work in an intensely deadline-oriented environment
- Experience in Application Software Implementation and Project Management
- Experience with Salesforce CPQ and Oracle Financials desired
- Experience with SDLC, PMI and/or Agile Methodology
- Understanding of On Premise/Cloud/SAAS Systems
- Experienced and proficient in systems and process documentation
- PMP certification desirable but not required.
Systems and technology experience
o MS Office/Projects/Visio
o Project Management system