Lead Software Engineer (REST, NoSQL)
Cvent | Technology | Dallas, TX
Cvent offers a fun, collegial work environment tailored to sharpening your technical skills and growing as a software professional. While we have evolved from startup to mid-sized company, our Technology Team has preserved an entrepreneurial and merit-driven culture where meaningful initiative and contribution are recognized and rewarded.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work on Internet scale applications, where performance, reliability and scalability, are critical design goals – not after-thoughts.
- Learn the nuts and bolts of microservices architecture and build robust RESTful APIs.
- Create beautiful, interactive and easy-to-use web applications using modern client-side frameworks and libraries, specifically with react.js and redux
- Gain experience with different database technologies, ranging from traditional relational to the latest NoSQL products such as Couchbase and Elastic Search.
- Create innovative mobile applications on a wide range of platforms including iOS, Android and others.
What You Will Need for this Position
- 7+ years of overall development experience which ideally includes working with an object-oriented language (Java, react.js, node.js)
- Experience with using and implementing RESTful APIs
- Experience with one or more of the following databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Couchbase, MongoDB, Redis or other NoSQL technologies
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science OR related technical discipline.
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace