Data Conversion Specialist
CentralSquare Technologies | Professional Services | Sioux Falls, SD
The Data/ETL Specialist is responsible for the conversion of client data from various legacy systems into CentralSquare Technologies solution(s). This specialist collaborates with project management and other solution team members internally, as well as the client’s project resources. The specialist must be able to analyze client data in the legacy format, construct a statement of work that properly outlines the conversion process to reformat into CentralSquare Technologies data requirements. Additionally, the data conversion specialist must be able to effectively communicate CentralSquare Technologies data requirements with the project team and perform a code-based programming solution to achieve a successful data conversion. The specialist is expected to execute each conversion with high quality, consistent, on-time results.
The ideal candidate has a background in data analysis, is detail oriented, has solid programming experience, understands ODBC connectivity, relational databases and has data conversion experience. The candidate must be able to manage his/her own project assignments, communicate verbally and in writing effectively internally and across client project teams and leadership.
The analyst owns the data conversion development life-cycle and methodology. This includes requirements solution design, client acceptance, timeline creation, implementation, unit testing, deployment tools, and maintenance. The analyst is responsible for building tools that transform massive amounts of data into the CentralSquare Technologies product requirements and formatting. Individuals with creativity and an eye for efficiency through automation are highly desired. The ideal candidate will have experience in SQL, and preferably some .Net as well.
Additional assignments may include developing applications, modules, and reports for the Public Sector software industry using .NET, SQL Server, and Visual FoxPro technologies. This position may also participate in maintaining and enhancing various parts of existing client-server solutions. The position requires working onsite in the High Point office. This position can include up to 15% travel, and some projects will require weekend and/or holiday work as needed.
- Examine, evaluate, design, develop, revise, and maintain SQL scripts, code, and queries for data translation, conversion, and reporting
- Gather and translate business requirements into report designs
- Design and monitor construction of user-facing presentation tools, such as Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports
- Generate ad-hoc reports as needed
- Work with other Data Conversion team members to prepare and deliver SQL code, recommendations, or alternatives for improving conversion programs
- Assembling relevant data for specific projects, and assist with pre-processing or basic data analysis.
- Create project timelines and communicate with project team members to assess progress of deliverables from conception to completion.
- Managing multiple projects and effectively communicating status updates with internal stakeholders.
- Communication of inefficiencies and/or recommendations for existing process changes in a tactful and effective manner
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Programming, Engineering, or other quantitative field required.
- 0-2 years in a data analyst position with strong professional SQL query experience preferred.
- Demonstrated aptitude in data, metrics, analysis and trends and applied knowledge of measurement, statistics and program evaluation.
Our clients include government public safety agencies and other government entities. A contractual obligation we have with most of them is that employees working with them must meet their security requirements. This often requires separate background checks by those agencies and providing them with documents that include personal identifiable information. Please be aware that this is a contractual requirement that we must meet and represents a condition of employment for those employees affected.