Security Testing Manager
Advanced | Operations (Managed Services) | Birmingham, England
Job Title: Security Testing Manager
Reporting To: Head of Security and Compliance, Advanced IT Services
We're one of the UK's largest and fastest-growing software and IT services companies, delivering a range of solutions to our 20,000+ customer base across every corner of the UK market.
Our new Security Testing Manager will be responsible for helping develop and managing a team of Security Analysts responsible for Security Testing to provide testing services to both internal and external customers. This will involve delivery of external and internal discovery services, vulnerability assessments, penetration testing and secure software development testing.
As a technology company Advanced are looking to provide:
Like Google we use data to provide insight to drive decisions, empowering us to deliver continuous improvement and innovation to our customers.
Deliver the Apple store experience by listening to our customer’s needs, owning our customers concerns and delivering robust solutions quickly.
Provide the transparency of the Amazon ordering process so our customers know exactly where their requests or incidents are in the process.
To do this we need to challenge the status quo, collaborate, standardise and automate in order to build and improve relationships with our current and future clients.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
This is a key leadership role with a strong focus on people, process and tooling; your remit will cover all aspects of the Security Testing
- Ownership - As we progress our offerings and deliver professional security testing capabilities we need a leader of people to drive forward our journey into integrated service delivery, DevOps and AIOps. This includes helping us to review how provide support to both our internal and diverse external customers.
- Leadership – You will lead the team ensuring that we provide cost effective operational security assessments and testing of our customers IT Infrastructure and Applications.
- Direction – As Security Testing Manager you will provide the direction to the team to ensure that we stay ahead of our competitors through the delivery of excellent proactive support to all our internal and external clients.
- Colleagues – The Security Testing manager will develop and manage a team of 12+. You will define the direction, the training and development plan, set the expectations and ensure that the team delivers. We aim to promote from within where possible, therefore you will need to ensure that we are looking to deliver outstanding service and develop outstanding new leaders.
- Budgets – You will have input into the annual Capex & OpEx Budget and will be required to run and deliver to the agreed budget. You will review and optimise current costs and achieve cost saving though agreed means such as consolidation and collaboration.
- Cooperation & Teamwork - Work closely with Pre-Sales, Transition teams and Project Managers to on-board support new and existing clients through the defined Service Take on process.
You'll be a strong leader in service delivery who is are excited by the challenge of working in a high-performing, fast-growing technical environment, supporting a diverse range of customers.
We are not looking to employ someone to run the service, we are looking for someone to lead us into a position where we are two steps ahead of our competition.
You will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Strong procedural expertise along with leadership and communication skills, to develop and then improve the delivery of the service.
- Effective communication skills to provide updates to all stakeholders on a regular basis.
- A ruthless approach to delivering operational excellence, productivity and efficiency
- Strong consultancy skills and excellent motivation skills in order to meet deadlines and handle change.
- Use resources to best advantage, by collaborative working with team leaders, technology leads and professional services resource and operational teams.
- Set the behavioural & performance standards, you’ll need to energise your team and deal change and uncertainty in a positive manner.
- That you can work on projects and initiatives as directed by the Head of Security and Compliance to support changes and opportunities in the Group
- Knowledge of OWASP vulnerabilities, tools and methodologies
- Knowledge of HTTP, PCI ASV and SSDLC
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of good security practice covering the physical and logical aspects of information products, systems integrity and confidentiality
- Expert in methods and techniques for risk management, business impact analysis, countermeasures and contingency arrangements relating to the serious disruption of IT services
- Expert in tools or systems which provides access security control (i.e. prevents unauthorised system access)
- Strong current knowledge of PCI, DPA and ISO27001