Senior Revenue Accountant, Accounting
EAB | G&A | Washington, DC
At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 1,400 schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief:
Senior Revenue Accountant, Accounting
Reporting to the Revenue Manager, this person will participate in several key finance functions including the appropriate accounting of revenues, analytical reviews and internal reporting.
This role is based in Washington, D.C. OR Richmond, VA
- Review customer arrangements and contracts to conclude the appropriate revenue recognition treatment and to identify any issues
- Assist in transition and implementation to the new revenue recognition standard (ASC 606)
- Review program revenue to ensure accurate recognition in accordance with previously concluded guidance
- Audit contract bookings in the Company’s CRM system for completeness and accuracy
- Prepare various monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue reports for management review as needed
- Assist sales, legal, and pricing teams in structuring and negotiating deals in order to ensure proper revenue recognition
- Stay current on GAAP standards related to revenues and particularly the guidance specific to the SaaS industry, in order to appropriately apply the Company’s revenue recognition policies
- Review monthly accruals and deferrals related to revenues
- Interface with internal and external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audit
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 4+ years of work experience
- Public accounting work experience
- Able to think clearly and reach well founded conclusions and articulate ideas crisply and concisely
- Experience with Microsoft Office, spreadsheet and database applications
- Discretion with sensitive materials
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Professional certification (CPA)
- Experience with CRM or ERP systems
- Experience with revenue recognition in a technology and/or consulting environment
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Desire to work in a team environment
- High level of commitment and integrity
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.