Sr. Program Manager
Omnitracs | 5308 - RN-Program Management | Dallas, TX
Job Description – Sr. Program Manager
Omnitracs, LLC is a global pioneer of trucking solutions for all business models. Omnitracs’ more than 1,000 employees deliver software-as-a-service-based solutions to help more than 12,000 customers manage nearly 1,100,000 assets in more than 70 countries. The company pioneered the use of commercial vehicle telematics over 25 years ago and serves today as a powerhouse of innovative, intuitive technologies. Omnitracs transforms the transportation industry through technology and insight, featuring best-in-class solutions for compliance, safety and security, productivity, telematics and tracking, transportation management (TMS), planning and delivery, data and analytics, and professional services.
Responsible and accountable for the delivery, coordination, status reporting and management of mission critical program level projects. Drives the planning, execution and coordination of complex technology and business programs; Ensures goals or objectives of programs are accomplished within a prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Executes on plans and activities pertaining to technology programs for multiple business organization to support the business strategy. Coaches and mentors assigned junior level project managers as needed to drive program execution.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provides direction and support to team members in all aspects of the program
- Manages the planning and control of program activities and resources
- Manages and resolves conflict around resources, schedules, risks, scope and other program level issues
- Partners with finance and engineering to drive and support the budgeting process
- Prepares and delivers program status updates and presentations to stakeholders and senior management
- Contributes to the development and adoption of PMO (Program Management Office) methodology and processes and acts as PMO advocate throughout the organization
Skills & Other Requirements
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or related field; advanced degree preferred
- CERTIFICATION: Certificate in Project/Program Management preferred
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 8 years’ program management experience with an emphasis on engineering development activities including cross-functional collaboration with product management, marketing, finance, procurement, hardware and software component development, system integration, testing approvals and production readiness; Experience with agile methodologies preferred
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques and the ability to apply that knowledge to set standards, propose policy and coach others
- Experience with software development desired, preferably in an agile environment
- Mastery of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, SharePoint, Visio, and Excel required; Experience with Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tools helpful
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills; Ability to work in a self-directed environment and drive multiple projects with varying requirements and deadlines
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal, presentation and organizational skills
- Proven experience in working with matrixed teams across multiple departments and levels and the ability to drive success through others
- Ability to produce consistent results in a fast-paced work environment with changing requirements and ambiguity
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all levels of management
- Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
- Ability to bring structure to one’s own work and the work of others; Well organized and capable of managing high levels of detail and multiple activities/tasks under pressure
- Flexibility and understanding of implications of change to product launches and resources at a strategic level
- Influencing personality balanced with a respect for others; Must be able to communicate recommendations in a manner that will drive results and align stakeholders
- Operational knowledge of transportation logistics, transportation management systems (TMS) and/or trucking industry a plus
- Experience in affecting change and driving results in a transitional organization a plus
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.