Vice President, Software Sales - Remote
Vertafore | Sales | Denver, CO
This Sales Management Executive position is responsible for managing a national sales force with responsibility for establishing new customer relationships for the Business. The position has management responsibility for a national sales force including a sales support team. The $80+ million Business is a wholly-owned subsidiary of a larger technology organization. More specifically, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Develop and execute the Business sales strategy within the framework of the overall strategy of the Business,
- Achieve sales goals.
- Build, mentor, and lead a high-performing national sales team capable of selling effectively in a complex technical; environment.
- Develop strong relationships with senior decision makers and influencers within the industry and within the Business.
- Build and manage to accurate sales forecasts.
- Ensure that the sales team utilizes the Business CRM system, forecasting processes, trip report standards, etc. practically and effectively.
- Exceed customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Monitor customer, market, and competitor activity and provide feedback to the company leadership team and other functional areas.
- Work closely with the marketing and product management functions to establish and execute successful marketing and lead generation programs.
- Manage effective processes for business and sales planning, sales compensation, territory planning, and account planning.
- Successful track record in sales management and the building of high-performance teams within complex, consultative, technology-driven sales environments.
- Ability to analyze and build effective sales strategies and tactics in complex sales situations.
- Strong leadership skills and presence.
- Creative and able to drive strategic and tactical decisions and planning.
- Assertive and able to effectively lead large, cross-functional initiatives and projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Organized, with excellent time management skills.
- Prior experience in the insurance or financial services industry, and/or B2B software or services arena is preferred.
- Educational background in related subject matter.
- Position will require approximately 50% travel