Graphic Designer, Design Strategy & Solutions
EAB | G&A | Washington, DC
At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 1,400 schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief:
Graphic Designer, Design Strategies and Solutions
Design Strategies and Solutions is a full-service in-house creative department. From concept to creation, we deliver quality custom solutions. Our expertise is in visually interpreting ideas, whether digitally or in print. With a wide range of capabilities, we serve as the creative strategic partner for any project. Our current opportunity is based in Washington, D.C.
- Create print materials for a variety of project types: infographic posters, research reports, brochures, tradeshows, large format print, direct mail, etc.
- Create wide range of digital graphics: icons, web graphics, advertising, email, social media, etc.
- Conceptualize, create, and implement branding for events and campaigns that span across numerous print and digital collateral
- Create, edit, and/or provide design consultation for internal and external presentations
- Interpret and present complicated concepts in a visually compelling and clear manner
- Design and execute projects while ensuring brand guidelines are followed and visual communication standards are met
- Participate actively in brainstorms/critiques and contribute new ideas to push our brand forward
- Work closely with client and design team to ensure final design meets project’s goal
- Communicate and collaborate effectively in person and virtually
- Coordinate the day-to-day production of each project to meet all deadlines
- Work independently and autonomously while within a team environment
- Learn new software techniques, skills, and tools as department expands and enhances capabilities
- Online portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ year experience working in graphic design (includes internships, pro bono, on-campus jobs)
- Expert proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Extreme attention to detail
- Highly organized and able to multitask
- Passion to learn, innovate, inspire
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.