Xactly Corporation | Engineering | San Jose, CA
Job Title: VP of Engineering
Position Type: Full-time
Position Level: Executive
Location: San Jose
Travel Requirements: 25%
VP of Engineering
Xactly Corporation was founded to solve an important challenge: how to help people everywhere connect and unleash their human potential through seamless, perfectly aligned Sales Performance Management. Xactly’s comprehensive Sales Performance Management (SPM) suite leverages data from a sales performance AI platform to provide timely insights across the entire SPM value chain, from sales planning to execution, including compensation to optimization. Xactly takes Sales Performance Management from a dark art to a science, providing decision-makers with the data insights they need to tap the motivational power of their incentive compensation. With access to predictive analytics and benchmark data, enterprises can now optimize territories, design the right compensation and incentive plans and accelerate attainment and optimization of sales performance.
As the VP of Engineering at Xactly, you will be responsible for leading worldwide engineering to deliver on the product roadmap as well as the strategy and execution of the technology roadmap. Reporting directly to the CTO, the ideal VP of Engineering will have a demonstrated track record of developing multiple enterprise SaaS products and data platforms through successful customer adoption. The VP of Engineering will have a passion for innovation whether it be through technology or process that inspires the team.
Xactly’s complex Engineering team is growing rapidly and quickly adapting to change while keeping up with the latest and greatest technology! Covering offices in San Jose, Denver, Bangalore, and Toronto, we have a strong focus on cutting-edge and high-quality code and products. All engineers are encouraged to operate independently with the highest level of accountability, but also are team players and work well amongst multiple teams.
THE SKILL SET
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, math or related technical field; MS or advanced degree a plus
- 10+ years of proven experience in managing a global engineering team through directors, managers, architects and individual contributors, including outsourced staff augmentation with demonstrating significant measurable results
- Experience with enterprise SaaS application development
- Demonstrated experience building a multiple application suite on a single data platform
- Track record as a highly successful, hands-on engineering leader in SaaS environments and a champion of best practices
- Very good understanding and applied knowledge of Agile at scale
- Good understanding of challenges and opportunities in implementing data platforms, data pipelines and ML/AI
- Commercial experience with private and public clouds such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience with the latest CI/CD technologies and successful application (Jenkins, Maven, Git, Kubernetes, Spinnaker, Harness.io, etc.)
- Proven reputation as a highly credible and collaborative partner with QE, Product, and production operation teams through good processes and solid architecture
- Strong ability to build relationships with internal leadership at all levels, along with effective interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities that strongly align with Xactly’s culture of collaboration, innovation, open discussion of ideas & opinions, no-ego and a focus on delivering real value
- Be an inspirational leader of people who will drive and build upon Xactly’s “C.A.R.E.” values: Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect, Excellence
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL
- Complete hands-on training to gain a foundational understanding in products, sales process, and the departments that make up Xactly
- Meet with key leaders within all functions, learning about all facets of the business and setting you up for success in month two
- Schedule 1:1s with all direct reports across all locations to gain a better understanding of the overall department
- Begin to provide leadership, motivation and hands-on direction for the multi-site engineering team
- Consistently foster a culture of quality, innovation, delivery, accountability, and customer focus
- Identify areas for improvement with the intention of building automation, quality, reliability, and scalability into everything we do
- Meet with QE, Product, Production Operations, Support and InfoSec to understand our process to build, deliver, and operate our SaaS solutions
- Identify training areas and opportunities for yourself to implement in month two and beyond
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Put in place strong feedback mechanisms to keep team goals and org-initiatives on-track
- Understand and embellish upon the company’s technical vision and lead technology development in line with the strategic direction and growth objectives
- Work with key leaders and team to develop an overall strategy for building and scaling the Xactly platform to support our growing product suite, machine learning, and acquisitions
- Establish and implement technical standards and ensure they are adhered to
- Build automation, quality, reliability, and scalability into everything we do
- Continue to work closely and collaboratively with QE, Product, Production Operations, Support and InfoSec to build, deliver, and operate our SaaS solutions
- Balance teams and resource investment across products in line with our strategic objectives and within budget
- Lead systems architecture including implementation of new systems, refactoring existing systems and how they communicate among one another, and application of ML/AI across the product suite
- Act as a company spokesperson and evangelist for Xactly with prospects, customers, and partners as required.
- Take ownership of Engineering initiatives and strategic plans; present your proposal for improvements or changes
- Lead organizational change in the execution of Agile, DevOps, and maintain a focus on customer-centricity
- Manage technology staff augmentation vendors
- Own the technology roadmap and drive efforts for timely and efficient delivery of the product roadmap
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Execute the strategy for building and scaling the Xactly platform to support our growing product suite, machine learning, and acquisitions
- Take full accountability for all engineering decisions, vendor choices, data security, reliability, scalability, and related functions
- Mentor and grow existing staff; lead and build the staffing plan needed to properly scale and prove department value and impact
- Work with the engineering leadership team to align, establish and promote engineering-wide priorities, including new features, system refactoring, infrastructure investments, and tool building
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Help set the standard for what engineering leadership looks like at Lever. Take us to the next level on topics like one-on-ones, goal setting, feedback and coaching, career planning, or continued education around soft skills and technical skills.
- Consistently anticipate and react to major technology changes
- After one year of observing, coaching, and growing your org, develop a people development/talent promoting cycle that is scalable and transparent
- Develop new leaders by identifying leadership opportunities (leading projects, presenting to the team, conducting onboarding sessions, mentoring new hires) and matching them to appropriate members of the engineering team.
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage (including pet insurance!)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- XactlyFit Gym/Fitness Program Reimbursement
- Kitchen Stocked Daily with Tasty Snacks, Fruit, and Drinks
- Access to Corporate Discounts
- Parking & Commuter Benefits
- Up to (3) Days Paid Leave to Participate in Community & Volunteer Opportunities
- End of Month Surprises, Contests, BBQs, Parties & Reward Vacations
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan & Employer Match
THE XACTLY STORY
Xactly is a leading provider of enterprise-class, cloud-based, incentive compensation solutions for employee and sales performance management. We address a critical business need: to incentivize employees and align their behaviors with company goals. Our solutions allow organizations to make better strategic decisions, optimize behaviors, increase sales and employee performance, improve margins, increase operational efficiencies, mitigate risk, design better incentive compensation plans, and reduce error rates in incentive compensation calculations.
We were the first 100% cloud-based, multi-tenant provider focusing solely on the incentive compensation and employee and sales performance management market, and we achieved our leadership position through domain expertise and innovative technology. We deliver our solutions through a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model.
Xactly is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Xactly provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.