Lead Technical Support Engineer
PowerSchool | Support | ,
The role of Lead Technical Support Engineer, under the general direction of both the supervisor and manager, provides technical support for our award-winning K-12 software systems. This position is responsible for managing and troubleshooting data integration and warehousing in support of our PowerSchool suite of solutions. He/she provides a best-in-class software experience to our customers through proactive engagement in day-to-day client issues and requests, and demonstrates steadfast commitment to client relationships pre/post-implementation. The Technical Services Analyst will take direction from Project Leads and Senior Analysts as needed, and also be able to prioritize and resolve issues independently or in a team environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to quickly learn and retain new skills and concepts
- Capable of troubleshooting software functionality and end user issues quickly and calmly
- Configure initial, exploratory, and ongoing client decisions
- Elicit feedback and humbly accept critique
- Focus on producing industry leading software solutions that are sustainable and cost-effective
- Modify and execute regression scripts to test configurations
- Support Client Success and other department initiatives as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
This position requires experience with SQL Server, report generation, data warehousing, stored procedures and data services development.
- Must have strong skills in Microsoft SQL Server
- 3+ years of experience writing SQL, T-SQL, and Stored Procedures
- PHP Scripting experience a plus
- Experience in relational and dimensional data modeling
- Relevant experience with SAAS data cube and MDX queries is highly desirable.
- Experienced managing multiple projects at the same time while communicating project status
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in K-12 environment is a plus
- Associates degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or related work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred