PowerSchool | Sales | US - Remote-based, CA
The Solution Engineer is responsible for providing pre-sales application and technical support for a wide range of products and solutions that the PowerSchool Sales Team represents, including some custom-created solutions. This pre-sales support is provided through the Solutions Engineering Team, but also includes responsibility for areas such as general sales team product/solution coaching, pre-sales support coordination with partners or other third parties who contribute to pre-sales solutions for a specific geography or product/solution, coordination with internal PowerSchool departments, etc.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Assist in the sales development/discovery process, re-envision needs of our prospective customers
• Assist with demonstrations, present product to our prospective customers in support of sales during the proving process • Coordinate resources to collaborate and respond with solution to solve for customer solution
• Provide information and recommendations to assist with the development of responses to RFPs/RFIs
• Provide rapid, accurate responses to complex questions from sales staff in the field
• Present PowerSchool solutions and vision during events sponsored by Marketing, including webinars, user group meetings and industry conferences
• Assist in the creation of accurate proposals, helping create and review the product and hardware needs
• Support the process of accurately and smoothly handing off customers from Sales to our Services organization after the close of a complex sale
• Travel required, 50-75%
• Other duties as assigned
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Minimum of three years in school related software solutions and/or practitioner experience preferred
• Experience in K-12 Education domain preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Education, Technology or a related field
• Ability to work independently without constant supervision while being a member of the team and adhering to company policies/regulations
• Proficient at handling a high volume of work and multiple priorities simultaneously, and operating in a demanding work environment
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills Last Modified Date: June 2017 Page 2
• Reading, understanding, and explaining basic HTML
• Strong cross-group collaborator with exceptional general management skills and the ability to build relationships within an organization