Lead Product Manager - Asset Management
Omnitracs | RN - Product Management | Dallas, TX
The Lead Product Manager – Asset Management will define Omnitracs’ strategy around asset management, which includes, trailer, cargo and containers, along with any other non-truck assets used in the transportation industry. Strategy and Products around assets include hardware devices, software applications and data analytics features. The Lead Product Manager will also conduct ideation sessions both internal and external to Omnitracs to define innovative solutions that will strengthen Omnitracs position as market leader. The Lead Product Manager will also have responsibility for supporting project execution, market research, market analysis, market positioning, schedule tracking and timely delivery to milestones, as well as leading product meetings, providing status to management, identification and management of barriers and risks. The Lead Product Manager works to develop the strategic product plan, product requirements, and go to market strategies.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Represent Omnitracs in various forums as our subject matter expert on asset management
- Function as an internal champion for our asset management product line
- Drive revenue growth for our asset management product line
- Development and maintenance of product requirements by working directly with Engineering Leads, Program Managers and Product Managers.
- Develop product strategy and positioning based on market research and customer feedback.
- Participate in the execution of a customer advisory board (CAB) program for each of our major market segments.
- Product leadership for assigned products from cradle to grave.
- Provide assistance to other products managers as needed.
- Understand the product details and lead product related technical and business analysis activities.
- Understand the system users and the user experiences
- Research and understand the competitive market landscape
- Represent the product team in periodic cross-function team meetings.
- Document creation and management.
- Clerical or general administrative work (set up meetings, take meeting minutes and publish minutes to the Product Team(s)).
- Developing and managing new features and feature enhancements designed to increase the value proposition of a product or its position in the competitive landscape.
- Ensures Product documentation is complete and up to date.
- Should be able to attend technical meetings and independently recognize potential impacts to Product deliverable, and take meeting notes.Must also understand relationships between products, projects, subsystems and tasks.
- EDUCATION:BS/BA in business, engineering, or a related field.
- EXPERIENCE:12+ years of equivalent experience in a R&D or business environment is desirable.
- Experience and/or working knowledge of the transportation industry is a must
- Direct experience with asset management products and solution is a must
- Certificate in Pragmatic Marketing a plus
- Experience with Agile development is a plus
- Experience in building and launching software applications in SaaS environment
- Experience in building and launching mobile applications
- Strong team-player with proven ability to work effectively with and influence engineering, sales, marketing, services and support
- Ability to plan and execute on the product strategy
- Proven business and market planning skills
- Experience understanding and working with technical concepts.
- Requires the mastery of standard Microsoft applications (Word, Power Point, Excel)
- Possess strong computer expertise and the ability to learn new applications and technologies rapidly.
- Strong analytical skills, and the ability to understand high level and low level business and technical concepts.
- Outstanding presentation skills and ability to create outstanding power point graphics. A minor in graphic design would be a plus.
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.