Sr. Software Engineer
CentralSquare Technologies | Development | Sioux Falls, SD
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for enhancing and maintaining existing applications, troubleshooting, and resolving defects in an agile team environment. The Senior Software Engineer conducts complex work with limited supervision and a wide latitude for independent judgment. The Software Engineer must demonstrate advanced technical proficiency in his/her personal work as well as contribute to the team’s continued success by increasing his/her technical knowledge. This is sometimes a customer facing role, and the Software Engineer will communicate professionally and positively with CentralSquare clients.
- Reviews user stories, designs and implements the features, develops application prototypes, participates in design and code reviews, and programs (including unit testing).
- Develops new enhancements to products in the CentralSquare suite of applications. This includes participating in backlog grooming of requirements, design, and development.
- Provides maintenance on existing code for products in the CentralSquare suite of applications. This includes minor product changes and defect repairs.
- Provides a third-tier of support for the products in the CentralSquare suite of applications.
- Participates in Lean-Agile activities including back-log and sprint planning, stakeholder reviews, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives.
- Understands product architecture design, assisting the Software Architects as necessary.
- Operates as a resource to less experienced Software Engineers, providing an open learning environment for cross-team knowledge sharing. Shares technical knowledge in both one-on-one and group settings.
- Plays a significant role in design and code reviews for products throughout the CentralSquare suite of applications.
- Participates in creating and maintaining department standards for software development best practices.
- Requires the ability to work an On-Call shift lasting one or two weeks approximately four times per year.
Interested? Here's what we need from you:
- BS / MS / Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Very strong analytical and coding skills
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Proficient with SQL and experience with at least one RDBMS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work out of our Sioux Falls office
Bonus points for:
- Very proficient with Python (introspection, metaclasses, decorators, generators, etc.)
- Experienced with the Qt C++ framework
- Experienced with PostgreSQL
- Intimately familiar with advanced data structures and algorithms and eager to discuss them
- Involved in the local developer community (Meetup, Code Camp, etc.)