Software Quality Engineer
Ping Identity | Product Development - IDaaS (5102) | Denver, CO
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
Ping’s SaaS Product Development team builds complex, microservice-based cloud applications that provide our customers with Identity and Access Management. We are seeking a Software Quality Engineer to join our PingOne product development team.
What you'll do:
- Function as a solid individual contributor on a high-output agile development team.
- Collaborate closely with development and quality engineering peers in a team environment.
- Build and execute automated test scenarios in a continuous integration/development environment.
- Create and improve automated test suites to validate API, backend and frontend components.
- Communicate effectively with the distributed team.
- Execute tests and resolve product issues in a cloud-based environment.
- Use, maintain and extend tools for functional testing, defect tracking and risk analysis.
Take the project from start to finish, thoroughly understanding the product, and provide input with real impact.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- 3-5 years experience in commercial, enterprise-level development environment.
- Exceptional problem solving skills. Loves finding the best solution.
- MUST: Experience testing cloud applications including functional, integration and API testing.
- MUST: Experience working with open source and open source frameworks (TestNG, JUnit, JMeter, Selenium, etc.)
- MUST: Ability to read/write Java code in support of developing test automation and suites.
- Experience in / understanding of an agile, iterative, RUP or XP environments.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills.
- Shows attention to details.
- Ability to work in a lightweight process environment including requirements and test planning documentation.
- Self-motivated and works with minimal direction.
- Takes ownership of tasks and executes.
- Ability to learn quickly and independently in complex technical environment.
- Experience testing cloud-based architectures and API designs.
- Experience in stress or performance testing cloud applications.
- Experience with relational or nosql databases (MySQL, Cassandra).
- Experience with asynchronous messaging (ActiveMQ, Kafka).
- Experience with identity management (OAuth 2.0, Active Directory, LDAP, SCIM, user provisioning, etc.) is an asset.
Experience with cloud development tools (Git, Jenkins, Puppet, Docker, Vagrant, etc.).