Software Quality Engineer
Ping Identity | Product Development - Software (5103) | Vancouver, British Columbia
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
Ping Identity is looking for a skilled and passionate Software Quality Engineer for our growing PingFederate engineering team
The PingFederate product team is comprised of development, test, security and performance engineers leveraging open standards along with the latest web technologies to build the next generation identity and access management platform. This high performance development team is distributed across both Vancouver and Denver and has a history of on-time delivery of top quality product releases.
PingFederate is a full-featured federation server that provides identity management, web single sign-on (SSO) and API security for customers, partners and employees. Users can securely access the applications they require with a single identity using any device. It achieves this by supporting all of the current identity standards, including: SAML, WS-Federation, WS-Trust, SCIM, OAuth and OpenID Connect.
Complementing the core capabilities of PingFederate server is a comprehensive set of add-ons that bridge it to popular on-premise components and cloud services. This enables seamless SSO and account provisioning across both legacy and SaaS applications.
Role & Responsibilities
You will be an active member of an innovative and passionate software quality team. Paired with a developer, you will take projects from start to finish, knowing both the product and its integrations inside and out. Your input will have real impact, ensuring Ping provides the best solution possible to our customers.
- Development and execution of test strategies and plans
- Maintaining and extending the automation test framework
- Staging situations to better understand customer reported issues
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Stay on the forefront of industry knowledge and share learnings with team members
Required Skills & Experience:
- 2-5 years experience in enterprise-grade commercial software development. Great candidates with less experience may also be considered.
- Self-learner that is able to pick up new technologies and concepts with ease.
- Detail oriented with a passion for polishing every single aspect of a product.
- Good understanding of object oriented programming concepts, design patterns and algorithms.
- Strong Java skills.
- Basic knowledge of Git and Maven.
- Familiarity with Selenium WebDriver.
- Solid understanding of HTTP and how the web works.
- Experience with servlet containers, RESTful APIs, JSON, XML and JUnit.
- Experience with JDBC and databases, such as: MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL and Oracle.
- Familiarity with LDAP and directory servers, such as Active Directory.
- Comfortable in both Windows and Linux environments.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Fundamental knowledge in Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Experience with PKI, namely SSL certificates.
Familiarity with the following protocols: SAML, OAuth, OpenID Connect, Kerberos / Integrated Windows Authentication, RADIUS and SCIM.