Test Engineer II
DealerSocket | Quality Assurance - Inventory | Dallas, TX
DealerSocket is the software punch behind the Nation's largest automobile dealers. 31% of all cars are sold using the DealerSocket software. We have the best and brightest employees with Development Centers of Excellence in Southern California, Utah, Wisconsin, and Texas. Our real strength is in the exceptional quality of work we do, and how we put our heads together to offer clients something powerful, cutting-edge, and distinct on every level. Our company culture centers on that effort, but it’s also about ensuring that we enjoy making it happen. We get involved in our local community through charity and volunteer projects, and at the same time, we create a community of our very own with events like parties, retreats, team sports and impromptu gatherings in the game room. Get through the screen door and on to our porch!
This role should be a beacon reflecting our cultural values: Be your best, Achieve more together, Think beyond your role, Make the plane, Serve to win and Make it happen. Level-up during your interview by showing us what these mean to you and remember to ask us what “Make the plane” means.
Job Purpose Summary
As a Test Engineer II, you are primarily responsible for black-box, gray-box, and white-box testing; both manual and automated. The ideal candidate will be hands-on, innovative, self-motivated, and willing to develop new skills while constantly improving existing abilities.
Essential Job Duties
- Facilitate the decomposition of business requirements, into Use Cases, and Acceptance Criteria
- Design, develop, and implement automated testing solutions with a focus on regression, E2E, and functional testing
- Contribute to the maintenance of DealerSocket’s test case library
- Collaborate with the Quality Assurance team and developers on application test automation
- Adhere to test automation best practices, standards and processes
- Enhance, extend and maintain automation framework
- Document, evaluate and disseminate test results; collaborate in troubleshooting issues
- Communicate and report on the status of test automation activities
- Participate in executing QA roadmaps and strategies
- Coordinate and execute Risk-Based Regression Testing activities for your team
- Participate in Deployment Testing exercises as needed
- Participate in daily Scrum and Sprint Planning
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience and knowledge
- 2+ years of professional work experience in a test engineer or other software development role.
- SDLC and STLC in an Agile/SCRUM environment
Required Skills & Expertise
- Knowledge of C#, Java or another programming languages
- An understanding of automation design patterns and software testing principles and methodologies
- Working with and testing API/Restful services
- Testing cloud-based (AWS) distributed applications is a plus
- Experience with Selenium, Protractor etc.
Preferred Skills & Expertise
- SoapUI, Postman
- Unit Testing
- Git, Linux command line utilization
- Familiarity with relational databases such as SQL Server, MySQL etc.
- Test Case Management, Defect Tracking and Quality Reporting
- Strong root-cause analysis skills
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail
- Work effectively in a team setting
- Work efficiently across distributed teams
- Aptitude for learning new technologies and concepts
- Manage several activities in parallel