Lead Program Manager
Omnitracs | Program Mgmt | Dallas, TX
Job Description – Lead Program Manager
Omnitracs, LLC is a global pioneer of trucking solutions for all business models. Omnitracs’ more than 1,000 employees deliver software-as-a-service-based solutions to help more than 12,000 customers manage nearly 1,100,000 assets in more than 70 countries. The company pioneered the use of commercial vehicle telematics over 25 years ago and serves today as a powerhouse of innovative, intuitive technologies. Omnitracs transforms the transportation industry through technology and insight, featuring best-in-class solutions for compliance, safety and security, productivity, telematics and tracking, transportation management (TMS), planning and delivery, data and analytics, and professional services.
Do you thrive working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment? Do you crave new challenges, solving complex industry problems, and re-imagining solutions to provide innovative products and services to customers? If you do, then join Omnitracs as a Lead Program Manager and help us become the defining technology company in the transportation industry. As the Lead Program Manager, you will work with a highly-skilled team to implement a mission-critical initiative which will transform technology, culture, and organizational structure for our company. Innovative technologies, including OpenShift, containers, Kubernetes, cloud management, and Ansible IT automation, will be utilized within an agile framework driven by CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment) principles.
In this role you will collaborate with business and technology leaders to understand strategic business initiatives and help deliver technical solutions that satisfy those needs. This individual will have extensive experience executing complex, cross-functional programs and must possess excellent leadership and interpersonal skills necessary to articulate the value of technology initiatives to business stakeholders and motivate teams to deliver in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. This position will also be responsible for collaborating with 3rd party consulting firms to plan and manage the migration from legacy to cloud-based applications.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provides direction and support to team members in all aspects of the program
- Manages the planning and control of program activities and resources
- Manages and resolves conflict around resources, schedules, risks, scope and other program level issues
- Partners with finance and engineering to drive and support the budgeting process
- Prepares and delivers program status updates and presentations to stakeholders and senior management
- Contributes to the development and adoption of PMO (Program Management Office) methodology and processes and acts as PMO advocate throughout the organization
Skills & Other Requirements
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or related field; advanced degree preferred
- CERTIFICATION: Agile certification preferred
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 8 – 10 years’ program management experience with an emphasis on cross-functional planning, delivery, and reporting; Experience with agile methodologies preferred
- Proven experience in working with matrixed teams across multiple departments and levels and the ability to drive success through others
- Ability to produce consistent results in a fast-paced work environment with changing requirements and ambiguity
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups
- Experience with software development in an agile development environment
- Experience with opensource and web standards & technologies
- Mastery of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, SharePoint, Visio, and Excel required
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal, presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding
- Flexibility and understanding of implications of change to product launches and resources at a strategic level
- Influencing personality balanced with a respect for others; Must be able to communicate recommendations in a manner that will drive results and align stakeholders
- Operational knowledge of transportation logistics, transportation management systems (TMS) and/or trucking industry a plus
- Experience in affecting change and driving results in a transitional organization required
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.