Principal Program Manager
Omnitracs | 5308 - RN-Program Management | Dallas, TX
Job Description – Principal – Program Management
Omnitracs, LLC is a global pioneer of trucking solutions for all business models. Omnitracs’ more than 1,000 employees deliver software-as-a-service-based solutions to help more than 12,000 customers manage nearly 1,100,000 assets in more than 70 countries. The company pioneered the use of commercial vehicle telematics over 25 years ago and serves today as a powerhouse of innovative, intuitive technologies. Omnitracs transforms the transportation industry through technology and insight, featuring best-in-class solutions for compliance, safety and security, productivity, telematics and tracking, transportation management (TMS), planning and delivery, data and analytics, and professional services.
Omnitracs is seeking an experienced, driven Principal for the Program Management Office (PMO) who will be integral in helping Omnitracs build its next generation platform. The Principal – Program Management will combine a deep understanding of technology, organizational dynamics, industry best practices, business processes and program management to drive business and engineering transformation initiatives that meet our customers’ enterprise objectives.
In this role you will collaborate with business and technology leaders to understand strategic business initiatives and help deliver technical solutions that satisfy those needs. This individual will have extensive experience executing complex, cross-functional programs and must possess excellent leadership and interpersonal skills necessary to articulate the value of technology initiatives to business stakeholders and motivate teams to deliver in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
The focus of this role will be driving programs consisting of advanced IoT and cloud-based software solutions to develop the next generation Cloud, On-premise, and Hybrid applications. This position will also be responsible for collaborating with 3rd party consulting firms to plan and manage the migration from legacy to cloud-based applications.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provides direction and support to team members in all aspects of the program
- Manages the planning and control of program activities and resources
- Manages and resolves conflict around resources, schedules, risks, scope and other program level issues
- Serves as key liaison between 3rd party consulting partners and key stakeholders in technology and business areas
- Partners with finance and engineering to drive and support the budgeting process
- Prepares and delivers program status updates and presentations to stakeholders and senior management
- Coaches and mentors PMO program managers as needed and serves as the subject matter expert for PMO methodologies and agile development processes
Skills & Other Requirements
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or related field; advanced degree preferred
- CERTIFICATION: Certificate in Project/Program Management preferred; agile certification preferred
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 10-12 years’ program and/or product management experience with an emphasis on software development activities including cross-functional collaboration; Experience in managing large, cross-functional programs required; Consulting experience preferred; Experience with projects utilizing opensource technology (containers, microservices) and AWS Platform a plus
- Proven experience in working with matrixed teams across multiple departments and levels and the ability to drive success through others
- Ability to produce consistent results in a fast-paced work environment with changing requirements and ambiguity
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups
- Experience with software development in an agile development environment
- Experience with opensource and web standards & technologies
- Mastery of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, SharePoint, Visio, and Excel required; Experience with Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tools helpful
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal, presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding
- Flexibility and understanding of implications of change to product launches and resources at a strategic level
- Influencing personality balanced with a respect for others; Must be able to communicate recommendations in a manner that will drive results and align stakeholders
- Operational knowledge of transportation logistics, transportation management systems (TMS) and/or trucking industry a plus
- Experience in affecting change and driving results in a transitional organization required
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.