Junior Cloud Engineer
EagleView Technologies | Development | Rochester, NY
We are currently looking for a Junior Cloud Engineer to join our Engineering team. As a member of our Cloud Operations team you will be responsible for assisting with the development of EagleView’s distributed processing platform. You will work directly with our development teams as they migrate our existing systems to the cloud and develop new cloud based applications. This includes helping to implementation fully automated CI/CD pipelines, and provisioning using infrastructure as code. You will also be a part of the Cloud Operations initiative to deploy new services that will help to improve the operational stability and observability of EagleView’s systems and software.
Our ideal candidate is one who is passionate about their career and has been successful in similar roles. As a member of an agile team you’ll participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle. You must be able to work well in a highly collaborative setting and be inclined to find creative or innovative solutions to complex challenges. The person hired will have the opportunity to work closely with our machine learning technologies, image and geospatial data while developing and maintaining a scalable computing system.
- Develop and maintain a cloud-based distributed computing system on which the scalability of our internal processes and products rely on.
- Develop infrastructure as code, and deployment pipelines for cloud applications.
- Implement solutions to help support and provide insight into the operational status and efficiency of EagleView systems.
- Perform as an individual contributor to the software development teams as necessary.
- Stay up-to-date with current technology trends.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience using clouds service providers such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Familiarity with containers and best practices for building and deploying applications within them.
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs and development patterns associated.
- Object oriented programming experience (C++, Python, Java) with good software development practices
- Fluency in Linux operating systems
EagleView® offers competitive pay and robust benefit plans along with the opportunity to grow your career in a fast-paced, fun and casual environment.
EagleView and its subsidiaries are committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.