Omnitracs | 2643 - XRS - Software Development | Minnetonka, MN
Omnitracs, LLC is a global pioneer of trucking solutions for all business models. Omnitracs’ more than 1,000 employees deliver software-as-a-service-based solutions to help more than 12,000 customers manage nearly 1,100,000 assets in more than 70 countries. The company pioneered the use of commercial vehicle telematics over 25 years ago and serves today as a powerhouse of innovative, intuitive technologies. Omnitracs transforms the transportation industry through technology and insight, featuring best-in-class solutions for compliance, safety and security, productivity, telematics and tracking, transportation management (TMS), planning and delivery, data and analytics, and professional services.
The Scrum Master is responsible for monitoring the scrum processes and scrum meetings. He/She increases his team efficiency, motivates his team, spins, argues for changes that will ensure quality and timeliness. He/She ensures the DoD (Definition of done) is being followed.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
• Guiding the team(s) and the organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
• Guiding the team(s) on how to get the most out of self-organization
• Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team(s) and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
• Removing impediments or guiding the team(s) to remove impediments by finding the right solution to remove the impediment.
• Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
• Facilitating getting the work done
• Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
• Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
• Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
• Providing all support to the team(s) using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
• Perform as an evangelist for internal implementation of Scrum
• Helping the department mature out of legacy processes
• Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
• Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for eliciting change in team behavior (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
• Knowledge of other agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
• Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
• Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team (.Net, Java, or other web development languages)
• Excellent communication and mentoring skills
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or related field
CERTIFICATION: First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I, SAFe Agilest or Practitioner) highly desired
EXPERIENCE: 3+ years of experience in a Scrum Master role for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.