Lead Quality Assurance Engineer
PowerSchool | R&D | Bengaluru, Karnataka
PowerSchool is seeking lead engineers for its Quality Engineering and Quality Assurance team for Compliance Technology. The successful candidate will leverage a deep knowledge of software quality assurance discipline, quality engineering and automation implementations, and enterprise software development best practices to lead a team of quality engineers and drive quality initiatives to ensure highest quality for our product deliverables. The candidate should possess the functional and technical acumen required to oversee quality team’s participation in the agile development process, establish relationships, interact with stake holders, and ensure on-time delivery of new product features, enhancements and bug fixes with the highest quality that delight end users. The candidate must have previous team lead experience with progressive technical engineering and quality experiences. Strong communications skills and the ability to manage multiple constituents, from engineers to executive stakeholders are required.
· Lead a quality team and manage quality of software projects from inception to delivery. Be both a highly technical hands-on engineer and an effective team leader.
· Analyze requirements, architect testing and quality assurance strategies, implement continuous automation, as well as all the required testing disciplines / artifacts to ensure highest quality for all product deliverables.
· Establish goals and objectives for the team that aligns with the overall roadmap and delivery schedules. Coordinate multiple projects and manage competing priorities.
· Communicate cross-functionally and drive quality. Work in partnership with product management, engineering and other stake holders to drive quality and deliver the best products that delight end users.
· Ensure unit testing, code reviews, functional testing, integration testing, etc., are implemented and completed for functionality, performance, scalability and security. Ensure adherence to standards and best practices.
· Drive automation initiatives that reduce time spent on QA processes. Employ mistake-proofing, continuous automation and continuous improvement; continually drive improved disciplines, process and tools.
· Collaborates with other departments to direct customer compliance issues to appropriate areas for investigation and resolution.
· Coach and mentor team members for skill development and experience.
· Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
Skills & Requirements
· BS degree in Computer Science, or a related field required.
· 6 years of software development, quality engineering and / or quality assurance experience for enterprise software products, and a minimum 2 year of experience in leading quality teams. K-12 education experience is a plus.
· Deep understanding and proven track record of delivering enterprise software products with solid understanding and experience in Agile software development.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the company.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and innovative environment, with the ability to deliver outstanding results.
· Self-starter who can perform flawlessly with minimal oversight/direction; possess a “whatever it takes to get the job done” work ethic (i.e., pick up the phone, stop by a desk, follow-up multiple times, etc.) and a do-it-all, nothing is too small mentality.
· Ability to keep a calm composure and work under pressure, with the ability to drive clarity and instill confidence in others, while facilitating and focusing teams to execute to commitments.
· Analytical and strategic thinker; outstanding business analysis and associated problem solving skills with strong organizational skills; attention to detail is a must.
· Ability to critique generally accepted and new concepts and deliver commercial solutions.
· Concise, creative presentation skills, both verbally and in written format.
· Collaborator with ability to exert influence on key stakeholder (including executives) while maintaining positive working relationships.