Senior Technical Project Manager
Cvent | Technology | Tysons Corner, VA
Cvent is looking for a Senior Technical Project Manager to join our rapidly growing Technology Team. Cvent’s Technology Team is responsible for the design, development and operation of the company’s suite of cloud-based software products. The technology department boasts sharp technical skills and the ability to use collaboration and analytical prowess to work through complex problems. The tech team focuses on releasing innovative, feature-filled products that solidify Cvent’s position as a leader in the events industry.
Cvent’s Technology Team is a great opportunity for you to:
- Work on Internet scale applications, where performance, reliability and scalability, are critical design goals – not after-thoughts.
- Leading teams to create beautiful, interactive and easy-to-use web applications using rich client-side code and MVC based server-side code.
Job Duties of the Senior Technical PM:
The Technical Project Manager is responsible for guiding technical/operational projects from the conceptual stages through technical implementation cycle. This position helps to ensure that the implementation process, architecture and standards are followed.
- Helps to ensure that the defined architecture and best practices standards are adhered to.
- Assumes the leadership role as it relates to mentorship, training and giving feedback to implementation staff.
- Creates and maintains project plans for initiatives.
- Responsible for maintaining and communicating project status on an ongoing basis.
- Performs ITIL functions such as: Design, Design Reviews, Peer Reviews and Project Status.
- Leads the planning process for new and ongoing initiatives.
- Coordinates and maintains plan/tasks for the configuration for system installations.
- Coordinates and maintains plan/tasks for the configuration for new implementation and migration.
- Provides technical project management expertise to project staff, quality assurance and production support staff.
- Provides timely response and support to production line customer issues and helps to ensure that system maintains all SLA’s throughout investigation, troubleshooting and resolution.
Requirements of the job:
- Successful candidates will have relevant internet operations and/or project management experience, in a professional environment
- Bachelor’s degree; Masters degree preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of project management principles and project planning
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience working through the design, development and release cycle delivering software to market
- Large/enterprise application development experience preferred
- Project Management or Project Lead experience in a SaaS, PaaS environment preferred
- PMP certification preferred
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle and Agile methodologies
- Strong leadership, project management skills, time management, and problem solving skills
- A willingness to dive into environments and technical issues as part of maintaining the skills necessary to manage and advocate products and projects
Cvent’s not a startup anymore, but you wouldn’t always be able to tell. We’ve worked hard to maintain a culture of entrepreneurship even as we’ve grown larger. So what does it mean to be a Cventer? It means having the freedom to innovate, while still being a part of something larger. It’s having a voice that’s heard, and a team who will listen. It’s working hard, and it’s celebrating our victories together.
Need more reasons to consider us? We offer competitive salary packages, an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, stock options, bonuses, 401K, gym membership discounts and other great perks! If you would like to learn more about Cvent and our products, visit our website at www.cvent.com products that solidify Cvent’s position as a leader in the events industry.