Business Development Representative
EAB | Commercial | Washington, DC
EAB is an education best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and services to improve the performance of 1,400+ educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., EAB forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief
Business / Member Development Representative
The Member Development organization develops and executes innovative sales and marketing strategies to generate new business opportunities for EAB. As a key member of the team, the Member Development Representative (MDR) is responsible for initiating relationships with prospective members and optimizing team interactions. MDRs do this by identifying education executives who may benefit from EAB’s products and services, leveraging all resources to connect with qualified leads, and scheduling meetings for Member Development Executives (MDEs) to meet and further advance those perspective relationships. MDRs can expect to develop deep knowledge in the education industry and EAB’s services, as well as build skills to related to commercial practices.
This role is based in Washington, DC.
- Schedule sales meetings for MDEs to meet with prospective members, working towards weekly, monthly, and quarterly goals
- Leverage all available resources – such as Salesforce, external sources (e.g. social media, news alerts, etc.), and predictive modeling tools – to strategically identify and contact education executives and organizations
- Communicate with current and prospective members via cold calling, email and social media
- Create and execute strategic outreach plans to support new business acquisition goals
- Follow up with inbound EAB leads within designated time periods
- Maintain and update prospect records in Salesforce; update Salesforce with relevant research and scheduling information
- Participate in regular MDR training and coaching sessions to hone demand generation skills
- Attend Member Development organization team meetings and territory strategy sessions
- Learn EAB product content and research
- Bachelor’s Degree with excellent academic record
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Goal-oriented nature
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities
- Must possess at least three of the following:
- Sales or fundraising experience
- Customer service experience
- Experience working in a team environment
- Experience in an office setting
- Leadership experience
- Proven ability to meet or exceed a quantitative goal
- Ability to effectively communicate and persuade by email and phone with executives
- Demonstrates poise, maturity, and resilience with internal and external audiences
- Experience with Salesforce
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.