Sales Director, Higher Education Fundraising Services
EAB | Commercial | Richmond, VA
EAB is an education best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and services to improve the performance of 1,200+ educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., EAB forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief
Sales Director, Higher Education Fundraising Services
This role is also posted as Client Development (Sales) Executive, Advancement Marketing Services
EAB’s Advancement Marketing Services division is currently seeking a Client Development Executive (CDE). The CDE is responsible for establishing relationships with key decision makers within higher education institutions.
We hire persuasive leaders with a knack for teaching and explaining concepts – people who are comfortable listening to our clients and then mapping their problems to our solutions. As our ambassadors and connectors, Client Development Executives are pivotal to the growth of our firm. As a CDE, you will be responsible for generating leads and managing the sales process in order to convert new clients. We are seeking sales professionals who have a strong record of success managing and achieving sales goals within a team selling environment.
When you work at EAB, you’ll be making a difference. Our people care about doing their best, and our collaborative environment is energizing and rewarding. You’ll be part of a work environment where your voice counts and even small ideas can lead to big opportunities.
This role can be based in Richmond, VA or Washington, D.C.
- Prospect and build new business within an assigned territory; acquire new clients successfully and negotiate to expand memberships for existing clients
- Build relationships by meeting with provosts, deans, and other academic leaders to discuss their strategic and operational challenges, present best practice solutions and effectively sell the vision of their capabilities
- Conduct onsite presentations, including a technical demonstration, to educate prospective members on our services
- Meet quarterly and annual revenue goals through management of a sales pipeline with pursuits in various stages of the evaluation process
- Work with other sales, marketing and delivery team members to drive increased revenue within an assigned portfolio of higher education institutions
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of competitors
- Provide insights from client development visits to inform future research initiatives and new product development inquiries
- Manage team member to goals, provide formal feedback, and guidance on professional development
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university
- Proven commercial experience demonstrating successful ownership over a personal revenue target
- Proven ability to meet and exceed goals
- Ability to negotiate and persuasion skills
- Willingness to travel domestically at least 50%
- Valid driver’s license
- Must possess a minimum of five years’ full-time experience in at least two of the following:
- Presentation experience client presentations, facilitating discussions
- Experience in Sales, Account Management, and/or the equivalent
- Teaching experience breaking down complex or abstract ideas into simpler concepts
- Client Management experience
- Desire to achieve success in a sales environment and sell prospects on the current and future value proposition of a product
- Experience selling software or consultative services, preferably in the higher education sector
- Engaging and memorable presentation style; demonstrated ability to build rapport and credibility quickly with an executive-level audience
- Proven track record of success in achieving revenue quota and sales targets
- Demonstrated ability to use active listening to diagnose a problem and map a solution in the moment
- Demonstrated creativity and initiative when it comes to problem solving and/or project ownership
- Resilience and comfort with ambiguity ability to be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment
- Ability to manage a Sales Associate to goal, coach and provide constructive formal and informal feedback
- Receptive to feedback, coaching and constructive criticism; ability to learn from mistakes
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities, strong prioritization and organizational skills
- Excellent writing, critical thinking and negotiation skills
- Consultative sales experience
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.