Data Research Analyst
Regulatory DataCorp | Operations | King of Prussia, PA
We are looking for a research analyst to join our data operations team. In this role you will conduct research and due diligence screening of risk relevant information relating to politically exposed persons (“PEP”), Sanction Checks, and Adverse Media sourced from a multitude of reliable global Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT) to curate data and determine if findings should be included in RDC’s proprietary GRID™ database. You will also conduct research on a variety of foreign affairs and national security issues.
The position requires creative and proactive critical thinking skills, an insatiable appetite for foreign affairs and international policy, a refined attention to detail and experience finding and researching online and offline information resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in implementing and maintaining information for RDC’s PEP and Sanctions Alert Programs
- Conduct research and analyze content from domestic and international Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT) for risk relevant content
- Research and recommend potential sources of new information
- Research and understand foreign intelligence targets, how they operate and how they fit in the larger geopolitical and sanctions context
- Analyze data and synthesize key findings, or conduct link analysis and identify connections or associations
- Research pertinent regulations and utilize findings to build requirements for data aggregation
- Evaluate online sources of data for web scraping and manual aggregation
- Use OSINT to research, analyze, and update individual and entity information listed on various sanctions and law enforcement lists issued by government bodies/regulators around the world, including the US Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to meet regulatory guidelines for reporting
- Document data aggregation policies and procedures
- Provide ad hoc research support across all categories: PEPs, sanctions, media
- Collaborate and partner with onshore and offshore partners on new data sources; perform routine checks on newly added data foquality control purposes, and provide coaching, guidance, and feedback to offshore research teams
Research data regarding secondary identification information for sanctions and other enforcement list records
- Assist with daily reporting tasks such as numbers gathering and report creation
- Resolve client issues and provide exceptional question resolution
- Liaise with technology leads to communicate data requirements for ingesting data content into RDC’s GRID™ database.
- Follow established protocol for data capture to ensure content meets RDC's minimum standards
- Communicate extensively with Operations Director, IT staff and peers as an advocate to ensure client satisfaction
- Assist with software release testing
- Degree in international relations, global security studies, intelligence studies, political science or other social science fields
- Fluent in English
- 1-2 years of business experience
- Ability to write clearly, concisely and impartially
- Proficient with MS Office and working in an online environment
- Excellent online research, analytical and written skills
- Knowledge of PEP regulations preferred but not required
- Secondary language skills preferred but not required
RDC is the world’s leading Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Know Your Customer (KYC), Anti-Bribery & Corruption, and Politically Exposed Person (PEP) screening solutions provider. We integrate the world’s largest open source risk-relevant database into an agile software as a solution (SaaS) technology platform that protects them from regulatory risks.
Our global client base includes financial institutions, financial technology (FINTECH) companies and multinational Corporations. Our technology solutions play a role in the battle to make the world a better, safer place to be, by keeping criminal money out of the financial system.
About the opportunity
This is an excellent opportunity for an early career professional to learn and become key contributor in a growing Company with a solid history of providing critical risk and compliance protection solutions for our clients using state of the art technology. If you have a strong record of success and are looking for a new challenge in a growing industry, then this could be the right opportunity for you. This is a full time salaried position with a competitive salary. At RDC we offer a comprehensive, full-time benefits package that offers medical/dental/vision, life insurance, short/long-term disability, pension, 401(k), flexible spending accounts and more.
It is the policy of Regulatory DataCorp, Inc. and Regulatory DataCorp Limited (herein referred to as RDC) to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, RDC will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.