Android Mobile Developer I
Omnitracs | 2120 - OT US - Sw Engineering-SD | Dallas, TX
The Engineer I– Mobile Software Development is responsible for designing, developing and integrating new mobile software features as part of the software development lifecycle which includes: Designing and developing features based on system design documents; integrating and testing features with Omnitracs sub-systems; debugging and testing field issues with mobile software; troubleshooting integration and deployment issues and developing alternative solutions, workarounds, triaging to resolve software issues; effective communications between the Mobile Software, Testing and other Omnitracs teams;
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Design and develop mobile software features based on system design documents
- Integrate and test mobile software features with Omnitracs sub-systems
- Debug and test field issues with mobile software
- Troubleshoot integration and deployment issues and develop alternative solutions and workarounds
- Triage and resolve software issues
- Effectively liaise with Mobile Software, Testing and other Omnitracs teams
- Effectively manage multiple projects in a variety of disciplines
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering; advanced degree preferred.
- EXPERIENCE: 1+ years experience in software development including object-oriented analysis and design with emphasis on interface-based design concepts; embedded programming with emphasis on Windows embedded; Android application programming (SDK); source code control systems such as Clear Case, Perforce or similar; IDE such as Visual Studio and Eclipse.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented analysis and design
- Knowledge of interface-based design concepts
- Skills in Android application programming (SDK)
- Skill in source code control systems such as Clear Case, Perforce and similar systems
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to strategize in a variety of project areas
- Proficiency in C#, C, Java and C++ development language and tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to respond quickly to changing requirements
- Ability to multitask with and understand, coordinate, facilitate and guide a variety of disciplines such as software development, system integration and testing and operations.
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.