Automated Insights | Development | Durham, NC
About Automated Insights
Automated Insights (Ai) helps organizations make better business decisions, faster. By empowering data-driven organizations with Ai’s proprietary natural language generation (NLG) platform, Wordsmith, businesses are able to deliver the right insight, to the right person, at the right time and in the easiest-to-understand medium—the written word. Wordsmith makes exploring, discovering, and communicating insights easier than ever before. Our Wordsmith platform turns raw data into written narratives for clients like Activision, Yahoo!, and the Associated Press.
At Automated Insights, we are dedicated to treating all Ai-ers with respect, autonomy, and generosity. We strive to provide a best-in-career work experience for each and every employee. We know that having an excellent company culture is an advantage and we’ve created an environment which empowers our team to do their best work. We've even been recognized for this and are a five-time winner of Triangle Business Journal's Best Place to Work Award.
Why does the Senior Front-End Software Engineer position exist?
The Senior Front-End Software Engineer will work on our flagship natural language generation products. You’ll work within a cross-functional team within our wider product organization to architect and deliver new capabilities to our clients. You’ll get to have a huge impact on new features, owning large portions of the codebase, driving architectural and design decisions.
What would I do?
- Work closely with other engineers, designers, and product managers to build new features.
- Deliver well tested, robust features, and be responsible for their maintenance and evolution.
- Work across multiple codebases in our microservices based architecture.
- Write high quality code that is well tested, participate in code reviews, standups, demos, and the occasional hackathon.
What's cool about being a Senior Front-End Software Engineer?
- Working on the core application structure of our Natural Language Generation platform.
- Being part of a team working on cutting-edge technology in an evolving and exciting space.
- Help customers solve unique and complex business problems across a multitude of verticals.
- Working on the front-line of a rapidly growing company.
What's hard about the job?
- Working with multiple internal stakeholders to promote and advance goals of the team.
- Taking the team’s technical goals and breaking them into roadmap items.
- Scoping and defining technical requirements.
What prior experience is required?
What skills and knowledge are required?
- Self-driven and skilled at seeking out the best solutions to assigned tasks.
- Excited and passionate about their work.
- Able to clearly articulate choices they’ve made, and communicate effectively with other members of the organization.
- Have a solid grasp of web performance, and best practices.
- Able to build highly performant cross browser solutions from the ground up.