Finance Integration Manager
Advanced | Administration - Finance | Birmingham, England
Advanced is one of the UK’s largest and most successful software companies. Our products sit at the heart of some of the country's best-known businesses, charities and public sector organisations, powering their key services and functions. Driven by the millions of people who interact with our products every day in hospitals, schools, transport providers, sports clubs and a wide range of instantly recognisable brands, in our 10-year history we’ve already grown phenomenally quickly to more than 2,300 staff serving 20,000 customers across the UK.
Having been through one of the UK’s largest business transformation projects in 2016 in order to establish a platform from which we can grow efficiently, the next stage of our growth has involved a range of M&A activity acquiring 4 companies in the last year. We will now be accelerating M&A and this has led to a requirement to appoint an M&A Integration Manager.
The RoleThe Integration Manager will ensure the successful completion of post-acquisition projects relating to finance and data migration. This person will lead the end-to-end order to cash integration process with particular focus on ensuring the quality of data which is loaded into our various systems.
The role requires close interaction with the integration director, senior executives and leadership within each of the functional groups throughout the company. This person will have a significant opportunity to impact the success of the company’s inorganic growth strategy.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage the end-to-end data migration for sales, accounts and professional services
- Manage the end-to-end finance integration plan, liaising with key functional stakeholders as required
- Assist with acquisition modelling for potential M&A deals
- Understand how any acquired companies order to cash processes differs from Advanced to ensure systems, processes and user guides are updated accordingly
- Lead acquisition integration activity by organising and managing the people, processes, tasks, and deliverables across required business functions from both companies
- Implement best practices and drive continual improvement programmes for all integrations
- Document, track, and report progress against key deliverables
- Identify and mitigate potential risk and discrepancies
- Prepare appropriate documentation to close out integration projects and facilitate effective hand-offs
Suitable candidates will have:
- Held a professional services role or equivalent where they have demonstrated the ability to quickly understand different companies ways of working
- Audit background from Big 4 or Mid-tier practice
- Qualified ACCA/CIMA
- Exceptional project management skills
- Strong numerical and excel capabilities helping manage and update data files
- Strong execution ability to drive results
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and shifting priorities and peak work load demands to meet deadlines when needed
- Strong communication skills and a collaborative work style, with the ability to earn the trust of senior management and peers across the organisation
- Strong ability to close out project related activities and see projects through to a successful conclusion.
- Experience in the software or high tech industry
Reimagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hire for potential, and develop at pace.
Advanced are a different sort of employer. Recruiting people with potential, our focus is on what you might be capable of achieving. We look for aspiration and passionately believe that your individual personality and core strengths are what can make you right for us. We want you to learn, to discover, to experiment, to make a difference.
With a £250m turnover, 16,000 customers and 2,300 employees we pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day one are:
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Generous commission scheme – able to earn bonuses up to 100% of your base salary
- Stunning office locations across 5 key hubs
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Life insurance - 4 times salary
- Income protection insurance
- Childcare voucher (salary sacrifice)
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Employee assistance programme
Why should you apply? Advanced are different – we hire for potential and develop at pace so if you can reimagine your future in a vibrant, growing company we would like to hear from you. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process.
If your application is successful, you will initially be required to take an online assessment, undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and attend a final interview. Do not hesitate, apply now and a member of our in-house talent acquisition team will be in touch!