Advanced | Development | Knutsford, England
Advanced are one of the UK’s largest software companies, developing a range of solutions covering the whole industry and delivering right, first-time solutions, which solve customer problems, save money and deliver significant impact to users’ lives. With more than 16,000 customers relying on our systems & infrastructure, our Product Owners’ help to make the complex simple, as we become one of the UK technology industry’s success stories. We’re growing fast and building an exciting future.
Our Development team play a vital role in driving our feature development and product innovation. Working across our various software products, our teams gain unique exposure within a challenging environment, are given full autonomy, working on the latest technologies.
We currently have a vacancy for a Product Owner in our Legal Software Division (producing software for Solicitors, Barristers and Coroners) and are looking for a motivated and capable individual to help build and nurture a high-performance team.
You will have strong inter-personal skills, and be able to work as a part of a dynamic team.
Responsibilities will be dependent upon experience. The ideal candidate will have management experience, with a strong background in Product Ownership or Business Analysis, and experience of the Legal Market.
You will report in to the Head of Product Ownership working closely with Product Management, Development, Support and Clients.
What you should expect
- Opportunities to Line Manage POs and BAs based on experience.
- To become a Legal Product and Legal Domain expert.
- Opportunities to contribute to the Legal Product Vision and Roadmap.
- Assisting in software delivery working with Development Teams; ensuring that Problems/Requirements are well articulated and understood (using Personas, Story Maps and User Stories); and that Sprint Backlogs and Sprint Goals are in place.
- Conducting Problem/Solution/Software Reviews with internal stakeholders and Clients.
- Assisting Product Management with Go-To-Market activities.
- Defining and managing Early Adopter Programmes.
What you will be good at
- A natural leader, able to build rapport with staff, customers and senior stakeholders.
- Product Owner and or Business Analyst experience
- A good understanding of Legal Market Problems (previous experience in the Legal Software Market would be beneficial).
- An analytical approach to problem solving
- Strong customer facing skills with the ability to represent the company in a confident and professional manner
What we would like you to have
- Experience of building or working in a high-performance team.
- An interest in Agile Software Development (specifically SCRUM), and the demands of effective Product Ownership and Business Analysis.
Reimagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hire for potential, and develop at pace.
Advanced are a different sort of employer. Recruiting people with potential, our focus is on what you might be capable of achieving. We look for aspiration and passionately believe that your individual personality and core strengths are what can make you right for us. We want you to learn, to discover, to experiment, to make a difference.
With a £225m turnover, 16,000 customers and 2,200 employees
we pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public
sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify
complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day oneare:
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Stunning office locations across 5 key hubs
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Life insurance x 4 times salary
- Income protection insurance
- Childcare voucher (salary sacrifice)
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Employee assistance programme
Why should you apply? Advanced are different – we hire for potential and develop at pace so if you can reimagine your future in a vibrant growing company we would like to hear from you. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process.
If your application is successful, you will initially be required to take an online assessment, undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and attend a final interview. Do not hesitate, apply now and a member of our in-house talent acquisition team will be in touch!