Inside Sales Manager
Omnitracs | RN - Inside Sales | Dallas, TX
The Inside Sales Manager (ISM) oversees a team of Inside Sales professionals to ensure quality lead and opportunity creation via phone or electronic communication that results in sales. The ISM is responsible for their assigned team’s sales productivity, and directs their effort in order to have the greatest overall impact on company results. The ISM manages all aspects of running an efficient sales team, including hiring, supervising, coaching, disciplining, and motivating direct-reports. Responsible for market development, setting target and ensuring that targeted sales goals are met.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Prioritizes coaching and performance management efforts to have the greatest overall impact on business results.
- Coordinates the involvement of sales support personnel, including customer support, service, and management resources, so that team performance objectives and customers’ expectations are met.
- Proactively inspects activity levels and effort among sales team members managed, ensuring that the quality and quantity of lead/ opportunity generation efforts along with sales results meet company expectations.
- Recruits, hires, and develops associates, utilizing company guidelines and support resources.
- Works with market management to ensure cold-call lead list creation, as well as market-level strategic and business objectives are met by the sales team.
- Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives.
- Positively impacts the performance of individual sales team members by implementing and managing support tools, including training programs, productivity initiatives, account and territory planning methodologies, and customer communication tools.
- Leads forecasting efforts among the team managed, ensuring that accurate forecasts are completed on a timely basis.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer requirements and satisfaction by engaging key customer accounts in conjunction with sales personnel managed. Provides a management-level point of contact for key customers. Builds and maintains strong customer relationships.
- Establishes productive relationship with marketing based on frequent communication, collaboration, and the effective allocation of marketing investment in the marketplace managed.
- Ensure reporting and communications is frequent and bi-directional.
- EDUCATION: Four-year college degree from an accredited institution or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- EXPERIENCE: 3+ years’ experience inside sales and inside sales team management; or combination of sales and team management.
- Meets assigned team quotas for lead/ opportunity creation, sales, profits, and strategic objectives.
- Accountable for the thorough implementation of all customer related initiatives among inside sales personnel managed.
- Responsible for the efficient allocation of company support resources in the customer base managed by the assigned team.
- Jointly responsible for marketing investment ROI in the assigned marketplace.
- Achieves strategic team’s objectives defined by company management.
- Implements effective coaching and development of direct-report associates.
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.