Advicent Solutions | Legal | Milwaukee, WI
As the General Counsel at Advicent, you will provide legal support and guidance over Advicent's top strategic initiatives. You will lead the legal operations pertaining to business development, IP, contract negotiation and management, and general corporate legal requirements, as well as lead the human resources and recruiting functions, partnering with the management team to develop our talent management strategy and provide day-to-day support in those areas.
- Admission to practice law in a U.S. State or the District of Columbia bar
- A minimum of 5 years of experience across both law firm and corporate settings
- Relevant employment law experience
- Software-as-a-Service (Saas) and/or financial services technology background is preferred
- Experience structuring and negotiating complex transactions, including master service agreements, statements of work, NDAs, licensing agreements, and partnership agreements
- Experience dealing with employment law in the U.S. and Canada, including independent contracting, compensation plans, and HR issues
- Familiarity with private equity-owned businesses helpful
- The ability to quickly master and integrate legal, business, technical, and organizational skills.
- An extremely sharp eye for detail with exceptional business judgment and a knack for coming up with creative solutions
- The ability to support and scale in with a focus on execution
- Experience with salesforce.com preferred.