Accounts Payable Accountant
NEWSCYCLE Solutions | G&A | Bloomington, MN
NEWSCYCLE Solutions delivers the broadest range of technology solutions for the global news media industry, including content management, digital advertising, circulation, audience relationship management, and mobile applications. The company's innovative solutions and professional services help media organizations engage audiences through web, print, mobile, and social media channels. NEWSCYCLE Solutions helps more than 3,000 publishers around the world compete for audience and revenue across the entire media landscape.
Our Bloomington office offers several perks, an on-site gym, on-site cafeteria, free airport shuttle, free covered parking, and adjacent to major metro transit lines!
As the Accounts Payable Accountant, you will be responsible for processing payments and managing relations for our vendors. The Accounts Payable Accountant role is crucial as you will be responsible for full-cycle accounts payable, including our general ledger. The Accounts Payable Accountant must work closely with our Treasury and Finance departments to ensure all orders are accounted for. In addition, you will be charged with preparing and maintaining accounts payable reports and files. The Accounts Payable Accountant role is a full-time, permanent position, located in the St. Paul/Minneapolis area.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for full-cycle AP, including general ledger.
- Process weekly check run.
- Ensure invoices are accurately coded, approved, posted and processed within established deadlines.
- Respond to and resolve vendor A/P inquires.
- Prepare and maintain A/P reports and files including filing annual 1099’s.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and year-end close cycles.
- Record monthly journal entries, record month end accruals.
- Maintain, perform and update internal control procedures.
- Assist with account reconciliations as time permits
Essential Skills, Experience and Education
- Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a associate’s degree in accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience or in progress.
- Professional Qualities: Proficient in Microsoft products including Excel and Outlook, is required
- Comprehensive understanding of accounts payable procedures, experience and demonstrated abilities for working in a fast paced setting.
- Ability to work well both independently and with others and to respond sensitively to employees and vendors
- Strong organizational skills, accurate, and detail-oriented.
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to successfully deal with employee and vendor questions and resolve issues.
- Strong work ethic, ability to learn quickly and adapt to change
- Experience with journal entries and accruals a plus, experience with Sage Intacct a plus.