IT Senior Systems Admin, Business Intelligence
Omnitracs | IT Infrastructure | Dallas, TX
The Senior Business Intelligence position is responsible technical / functional lead for all aspects of our Business Intelligence (BI) infrastructure management within our Omnitracs data management responsible for providing systems and infrastructure to support the design, develop and support business intelligence, ETL and reporting systems. This role administers the physical implementation of the Business Intelligence application hardware and software and all associated utilities. This role partners with business and product teams to gain a thorough understanding of the team’s needs from a business and technical perspective and create Business Intelligence solutions. This role interfaces directly with many development and operational teams at all levels of the organization requiring excellent verbal and written communication skills. This role requires the individual to be a self-starter, to work independently and to balance multiple projects while maintaining high levels of productivity.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Oversee and owns the Business Intelligence Application environment (development, test/QA, production) including: hardware, software, configuration, events, triggers, jobs, scheduling, source control, implementations, and insuring backup / restore processes and procedures are adequate
- Insures data security is deployed and enforced per business requirements collaborating strategically with business stakeholders and the BI technical teams to deploy efficiently and effectively
- Guides and implements standards, processes and procedures related to application infrastructure setup, administration, security, upgrade management, monitoring, capacity planning, fail-over, and disaster recovery, etc.
- Collaborates with the Architecture and Development teams to provide hands-on analysis and resolution of issues to improve internal product operational efficiency and streamline 24/7 support capabilities
- Management of onshore and offshore contractors as an extension of the platform support organization
- Works directly with the BI report developers to insure report objects adhere to standards and processes while effectively meeting the business requirements
- Collaborates with the Application Development and BI teams to insure dependent data preparation is documented and incorporated into the job schedule (e.g. Oracle views)
- Works with the Infrastructure team to insure the systems are being adequately monitored and managed
- Develop automation and orchestration playbooks/scripts, blueprints, and/or workflows related to service deployments
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ensures all environments documentation is maintained with through data flow diagrams and configuration requirements
- Deploys 3rd party and internal application upgrades, patches, and documentation
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology or related field
- EXPERIENCE: 5-6 years’ experience in IT Business Intelligence Management and 8-10 years’ experience in IT Systems Administration
- Experience working in cloud based hosting environments
- Experienced in working in complex technical environments
- Experienced with all aspects of administration of Jaspersoft, Informatica
- Working knowledge of Control-M, Cognos, Qlikview
- Proficiency with SQL and relational database concepts specially in regard to Oracle, SQL Server and PostgreSQL
- Configuration management tools such as Ansible or Puppet
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux/Unix operating systems
- Business oriented oral and verbal communication skills
- Advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead project teams from multiple locations within tight timelines
- Ability to move quickly and efficiently between tasks and projects
- Ability to multitask and meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and direction
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.