Product Owner - SaaS Platform
Omnitracs | RN - Product Management | Dallas, TX
Omnitracs, a leading provider of fleet management, logistics, mobility and telematics solutions, is looking for a highly motivated professional to serve as Product Owner. Applicants should basic understanding of the enterprise software space, particularly in the area of cloud native software development. Applicants should also have excellent communication skills and be able to articulate business logic to technical partners.
The Product Owner drives product execution through the scrum team by owning the messaging to the agile team and managing the iteration and sprint backlogs. The Product Owner is responsible for detailed requirements, specifications, and release plans for assigned products. Working closely with commercial, engineering, and UX/UI organizations, the Product Owner will ensure assigned products meet customer needs and are delivered on time and within budget. The Product Owner will work with a Product Manager to develop the strategic product plan, product requirements, and go to market strategies.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Work closely with the Product Manager for understanding and collaborating on the definition of the Vision, Strategy and Roadmap of the product.
- Work closely with the Product Manager to break down EPICs, Features and Use Cases.
- Owns Backlog grooming and iteration/sprint prioritization.
- Work closely with UX to solidify the user experience with the functional requirements in Collaboration with the Product Manager.
- Support the Product Manager during product evaluation.
- Owns Release tracking in collaboration with Program Management.
- Attends Scrum Meetings
- Writes detailed requirements & specifications, including User Story Acceptance Criteria in collaboration with System Engineer.
- Understands assigned products at a high level and assists the Product Team with technical and business analysis activities.
- Understands the system users and the user experiences.
- Works closely with other departments to define internal requirements in collaboration with the Product Manager.
- Represents the product team in periodic cross-function team meetings.
- Document creation and management.
- Set up meetings, take meeting minutes and publish minutes to the Product Team(s).
- Attends technical meetings and independently recognizes potential impacts to Product deliverables
- Work with Program Managers and Scrum Masters to collaborate on processes, timelines and conflict resolution.
- EDUCATION: BS/BA in business, engineering, or a related field
- EXPERIENCE: 2-5 years’ experience in a R&D or business environment
- Experience understanding and working with technical concepts
- Understands relationships between products, projects, subsystems and tasks
- Requires the mastery of standard Microsoft applications (Word, Power Point, Excel, Visio)
- Possess strong computer expertise and the ability to learn new applications and technologies rapidly
- Strong analytical skills, and the ability to understand high level and low-level business and technical concepts
- Outstanding presentation skills and ability to create outstanding power point graphics
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.