CentralSquare Technologies | G & A | Lake Mary, FL
CentralSquare Technologies, LLC is a rapidly-growing software company that develops innovative applications and solutions that power the public experience! We are seeking an energetic Corporate Counsel with experience serving in a broad capacity. This role reports directly to the General Counsel. In addition to supporting other matters as assigned by the General Counsel, this role shall have primary responsibility for providing strategic, business-centric legal support regarding corporate governance and data security/privacy, and will also assist the General Counsel on M&A matters, including due diligence, drafting and negotiating preliminary and definitive agreements, and supporting integration and other post-Close matters.
The candidate must have excellent business judgment and strategic skills, and work well with diverse Business Units and Internal Stakeholders. In addition, the candidate must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively in a collegial, fast-paced team environment.
- Development, implementation and management, including communication and training of, key corporate governance policies and other company-related policies and practices
- Assist with Board oversight and administration, including strategic oversight and administration of all regular Board communications and engagement, the development of agendas, organization of minutes and resolutions, and extensive coordination of efforts of multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Management and facilitation of effective Board and Committee meeting process related to the design and operation of Board protocol and information architecture
- Support IT/IS in ensuring all aspect of Company’s data processing, storage, and handling practices comport with applicable privacy and data security laws, including the EU GDPR, PCI-DSS, SOC/SSAE, and others;
- Support IT/IS and Compliance in further developing, monitoring, and implementing privacy-related governance programs, including incident response planning, DR/BC plans, and vendor due diligence;
- Conduct privacy due diligence reviews, privacy impact assessments, risk assessments, and develop remediation plans;
- Work closely with CentralSquare’s Corporate Development team and other legal and cross-functional teams (e.g. HR, Accounting, Treasury, Operations) through each phase of the deal process;
- Draft and negotiate term sheets, letters of intent, and definitive agreements, and ancillary agreements under tight deadlines;
- Interface with and manage outside counsel;
- Develop due diligence and integration plans;
- Conduct legal research on diverse substantive matters;
- Assist on other matters relating to CentralSquare and its global subsidiaries as assigned by the General Counsel.
· Juris Doctorate (JD) from top law school; member in good standing of the FL State Bar, or the ability to be admitted in FL as Registered In-house Counsel.
· Qualified candidates will have at least 5 years of relevant legal experience including working in a sophisticated, relevant industry – i.e. software/technology, financial services, etc.;
· Practice at a major law firm and/or prior in-house experience, preferably both;
· Ability to interact comfortably with executives and senior management; strong verbal and analytical skills; exceptional interpersonal skills; a commitment to professionalism; and a solid business acumen;
· An open mind and team-oriented attitude; flexibility as to the types of projects assigned; willingness to work in an unstructured environment; and the ability to manage several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure are required;
· The ability to be detail oriented without losing sight of broader strategic goals;
· Experience in the software industry is desirable, as is a willingness to travel occasionally;
· Data security/privacy certification is preferred (i.e. CIPP); and
· A sense of humor.