Manager, Software Engineering
Cvent | Technology | Fredericton, New Brunswick
Cvent is an exciting, fast-growing tech company that provides industry-leading software to event professionals around the world. Our suite of services – online event registration, venue selection, mobile apps, email marketing, web surveys, and targeted hotel advertising opportunities – have positioned us a major player in the estimated $565 billion global meetings and events industry.
Cvent’s rapidly growing Software Engineering team is seeking to hire a Manager of Software Engineering. Applying a strong technical and product lifecycle understanding, the Senior Manager/Manager partners with Product Management, developers, quality assurance and technology operations staff to create and maintain Cvent’s cloud-based software.
What You Will Be Doing
- Manage 1-2 sprint teams that design, develop, troubleshoot and debug robust and high-performance web applications and web services.
- Guide teams to build enhancements within an existing software architecture and envision future improvements to the architecture.
- Assist in the development of short, medium, and long-term plans to achieve strategic objectives.
- Provide mentorship to direct reports and take ownership of their performance, engagement and career development.
What You Need for this Position
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent field.
- 7+ year’s software engineering experience, 1+ years in technical leadership and people management role
- High proficiency in cloud design and deployment models including automation, orchestration and scale.
- Experience building robust and scalable distributed systems and experience with multi-tiered production application deployments.
- Strong organization skills, experience working across multi-functional teams with indirect influence.
- Proficient in Agile methodologies.