Team Lead, Trade Show Planner (Europe)
Cvent | Marketing | Gurgaon, Haryana
Cvent is looking for a Team Lead, Trade Show Planner to help manage Cvent’s Europe 100+ tradeshows annually.This strategic position requires the ability to work on several projects at one time and be data driven & results-oriented. The candidate must be a detailed oriented person with strong time management skills, forward-thinking, and able to creatively solve problems in a constantly changing environment. This person must apply sound judgment in strategy meetings with management when dealing with new initiatives, and events roadmaps. This position will partner closely with marketing and sales to ensure every event is handled professionally with flawless execution.
What You Will Be Doing
- Plan and manage over 80+ tradeshows annually with dedicated team
- Develop, maintain, and monitor tradeshow roadmaps
- Negotiate to gain noticeable vendor savings through contract negotiations - all within strict budgetary parameters, tracking financial benefits.
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies and cost savings.
- Work closely and professionally with key stakeholders to ensure all event objectives are clearly understood and executed accordingly.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously with precision and attention to detail while continually finding ways to improve processes to produce higher quality and more effective results.
- Keep project and timeline plans up to date and manage all tasks to successful completion.
- Maintain strong relationships with external vendors and identify appropriate new business relationships, championing the most productive partnerships for the company.
- Help support our biggest User Conference – Cvent CONNECT Europe
- Conduct vendor research, negotiate contracts and manage vendor relationships
What You Will Need for this Position
- 5-7 years of experience, specifically in tradeshow management.
- Self-motivation and ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Ability to thrive in fast paced environments with short lead times.
- Exceptional negotiation skills.
- High degree of composure and interpersonal skills while in high pressure moments, maintaining a solution driven mindset.
- Ability to formulate processes necessary to accomplish goals in the most efficient and effective way.
- Ability to accurately prioritize problems/initiatives in time sensitive situations and work on multiple projects simultaneously.'
- Experience with Salesforce a plus