Business Development Sales Manager
Lithium Technologies | 9600: Business Ops | Austin, TX
The Business Development team at SPREDFAST + LITHIUM is looking for a Business Development Sales Manager to function as the sales lead between the SPREDFAST + LITHIUM new business sales organization, customer success organization and the external partners within the SPREDFAST + LITHIUM ecosystem. Success in this role will mean exceeding aggressive goals for ecosystem sourced new business opportunities, exceeding sales quotas on integration sku’s as well as leveraging our integration ecosystem to influence customer renewals.
This person will maintain relationships with a growing list of partners across the globe and be the main point of contact for all sales interactions to provide expertise in these respective channel markets. The type of person that will thrive in this role is well-rounded sales person, has great communication skills, is hungry to learn, can command a room, enjoys building relationships, is highly organized and can get passionate about the evangelizing the story of an open platform to external constituents.
The Business Development team is responsible for identifying, creating, and fostering the strategic relationships with ecosystem partners. We also manage the relationships and processes that interface with the SPREDFAST + LITHIUM product development, marketing, sales, and services teams. Our group is known for being a demanding, result-oriented, high-performance team and are looking for a self-starter with excellent emotional intelligence skills to take on projects that promote the value of our integrations and partnerships to customers, internal stakeholders, and external partners.
This requires the ability to strategically sell joint-value with a prospect, customer and partner while balancing multiple priorities, uncover insights from our existing data, improve our team processes.
● Generate, coordinate and meet sourced and influenced deal quotas with partner channel sales opportunities with SPREDFAST + LITHIUM prospects and customers
● Collaborate with sales team and meet aggressive sales quotas with integration sku’s with SPREDFAST + LITHIUM prospects and customer base
● Create and meet integration adoption quotas within SPREDFAST + LITHIUM customer base to influence and increase renewal rates
● Build deep relationships into partner sales organizations including sales reps, pre-sales, and professional services staff
● Manage external strategic partners throughout all stages of a sales cycle, from inception to close, while considering applicable commercial agreements
● Collaborate with internal Business Development team, Sales, Enablement, and Product teams on channel sales strategy and execution
● Qualify channel sales opportunities generated by partner marketing to ensure appropriate level of follow through and commitment including events, webinars, and other lead gen activities
● Provide analysis of go-to-market programs in order to prioritize marketing efforts
● Deliver sales enablement and education programs in conjunction with partner marketing to external sales organizations that depict joint value propositions between SPREDFAST + LITHIUM and partners
● Prepare both partner-facing and internal reporting; internal reporting to include opportunity creation and overall pipeline impact of partners
● Synthesize and present your findings in a clear, articulate, and compelling way
● 3-5 years of experience in Business Development including experience with channel sales within an ISV, VAR, or similar partner model
● 2-3 years experience in a quota carrying role (sales or account management) within a SaaS or similar technology organization
● Have previous knowledge of contracts, RFPs, and other deal cycle activities
● Self-starter who can thrive with a balance of autonomous work and frequent opportunity for collaboration
● Experience working with complex relationships and an ability to handle open-ended design projects that may be ambiguous
● Seasoned prospecting and discovery skills using various methods
● Results driven, attention to detail and follow-through, and ability to work effectively at all levels within the organization and with partners
● Passion for cloud technology software, content management, traditional media, social media, and cross-platform integrations
● Excellent relationship, communication, and negotiation skills
● Experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM