Director Product Management - SaaS Platform Lead
Omnitracs | RN - Product Management | Dallas, TX
Omnitracs, a leading provider of fleet management, logistics, mobility and telematics solutions, is looking for a highly motivated and experienced professional to serve as Director Product Management. Applicants should have a strong understanding of the enterprise software space, particularly in the area of cloud native software development. Applicants should also have excellent communication and management skills and have experience in the specific competencies necessary to effectively lead a product management team.
The Director Product Management will work with our technology team to define Omnitracs’ platform SaaS strategies, specifically around data, reporting, analytics, platform administration, and integration (API) services. The Director Product Management will also conduct ideation sessions both internal and external to Omnitracs to define innovative solutions that will strengthen Omnitracs position as market leader. The Director Product Management will also have responsibility for supporting project execution, market research, market analysis, market positioning, schedule tracking and timely delivery to milestones, as well as leading product meetings, providing status to management, identification and management of barriers and risks. The Director of Product Management works to develop the strategic product plan, product requirements, and go to market strategies.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Lead a team of product managers and product owners.
· Develop team members to grow in their career.
· Champion the development of our cloud native SaaS platform to be used by both our internal developers and external 3rd parties (partners and customers) for application development.
· Foster an environment where the team effectively develops and maintains platform requirements by working directly with customers and all internal departments (Sales, Operations, Marketing, Engineering, etc.)
· Foster close relationships with all key market constituents (clients, evaluators, prospects, competitors) to ensure product/platform strategy currency and relevance
· Represent Omnitracs in various forums as a subject matter expert
· Function as an internal champion for our SaaS platform strategy
· Develop product/platform strategy and positioning based on market research and customer feedback.
· Participate in the execution of a customer advisory board (CAB) program for each of our major market segments.
· Plan, prioritize, and manage the development of platform services from conceptual stages through product life cycles to optimize revenue and meet operational, financial and corporate objectives
· Collaborate with development teams to ensure clear understanding of requirements and release timeframes
· Collaborate with the Sales and Marketing teams to ensure go-to-market strategies, plans and activities are aligned with the strategic vision
· Understand the product details and lead product related technical and business analysis activities.
· Understand the system users and the user experiences
· Research and understand the competitive market landscape
· Represent the platform team in cross-functional team meetings.
· Ensures product documentation is complete and up to date.
· EDUCATION: BS/BA computer science, engineering, or a related technology field.
· EXPERIENCE: 15+ years of equivalent experience in a R&D or business environment is desirable.
- Demonstrated success in building and launching platform services in a SaaS environment to enable application development
- Must possess working knowledge of native cloud development technologies within AWS and container-based applications (Docker)
- Experience with Agile development
- Strong team-player with proven ability to work effectively with and influence engineering, sales, marketing, services and support
- Ability to plan and execute on the platform strategy
- Proven business and market planning skills
- Requires the mastery of standard Microsoft applications (Word, Power Point, Excel)
- Possess strong computer expertise and the ability to learn new applications and technologies rapidly.
- Strong analytical skills, and the ability to understand high level and low level business and technical concepts.
- Outstanding presentation skills.
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.