Business Analyst I
Vertafore | Professional Services | East Lansing, MI
Vertafore is looking to recruit outstanding individuals for careers in the technology field right here in East Lansing. We have current openings for customer focused business analysts. This is a position with a great amount of upwards mobility, customer interaction, and exposure to the latest and greatest in software technology.
As a Business Analyst you will shape and improve the experience of key Vertafore clients. You will work cross-functionally across Vertafore, including Customer Support, Account Management, Professional Services and Product Management to help guide the client and also contribute to the future growth of your team.
A business analyst at Vertafore works directly with clients as part of a cross-functional team, which means you need to be a proactive self-starter, able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and service-focused to help nurture the client experience. Additionally, you're a mentor and consultant, as well as a client champion within Vertafore.
You must have exceptional communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Develop forward thinking, business process recommendations that align with clients' business objectives.
- Train, inform, and manage clients during the implementation process
- Test, verify and support client implementation projects
- Perform technical configuration work using XML and SQL
- Collaborate with the team to educate and train clients on how to best implement and utilize the Vertafore product suite
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 1-3 years of work experience in a technical, customer focused environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Project Management mindset
- Strong analytical ability and attention to detail
- Technical skills in XML, SQL, Databases
- Up to 20%, typical is 1 trip for a few days once a quarter