Senior Audio/Visual Engineer (AV & Communications Platforms)
Cvent | Technology | Tysons Corner, VA
Cvent is the world's leading provider of cloud-based software for meetings and event management. Our platform of products includes web and mobile software to manage and facilitate online event registration, meeting site selection, event management, e-mail marketing and web surveys. We build highly scalable, enterprise applications that event planners can use to elevate the event and hospitality experience.
Founded in 1999, we currently have 3,700+ talented and dedicated employees. Cvent is headquartered just outside of DC, in Tysons Corners, VA. Additional offices include Portland, OR; Austin, TX and Dallas, TX; Atlanta, GA; Draper/SLC, UT; Boston, MA; Philadelphia, PA; Canada; London; and New Delhi, India. We have received several awards and honors recognizing our strong company culture, innovative products, stellar customer service, visionary leadership and investment in our employees.
The Senior Audio/Visual Engineer (AV & Communications Platforms) will be part of the Enterprise Services team, stationed in our HQ office. He/she will be responsible for implementation, managing, and up-keep of our global video conferencing and multimedia systems. The A/V Engineer will also be pushing new technologies, driving new initiatives, and improving the quality of existing service offerings. The candidate must be team oriented, flexible and can adapt to a fast paced and changing environment, being able to make quick decisions under pressure.
The successful hire will provide ongoing guidance on A/V technologies to other team members, will install and support A/V equipment, supervise vendors when they design and installation A/V systems, and run live broadcast productions.
What You Will Be Doing
- Configure, install, and troubleshoot Audio/Video equipment and Video Collaboration equipment
- Troubleshoot Video Conferencing applications including but not limited to: Cisco WebEx, Zoom, and ON24
- Manage and support A/V services in Cvent HQ and more than 15 domestic and international branch offices
- Plan, deliver, and support world-class Audio-Visual experiences at Cvent meetings & events
- Provide on-site “hot seat” technology operation for events
- Support and improve the existing digital-signage service in Cvent HQ and all the branch offices
- Research new technologies to improve quality and efficiency
- Identify the efficiencies and deficiencies of existing systems and take steps to improve the user experience
- Ability to conduct short-and long-term planning to meet current and future collaborative requirements
- Help contribute to the course for the team through annual roadmap planning and fluidly handle reprioritization
- Must possess a high degree of accountability, and commitment to meeting firm wide expectations
- Contribute to and drive the development of workflow for collaborative-related processes
- Responsible for A/V asset lifecycle management across the firm
What You Need for this Position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sound Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent degrees
- 3-5 years of A/V installation, management, and support experience
- 1+ years of experience with typical event/theatre space technologies, broadcast A/V, routing and control systems, production lighting, LED/LCD displays, projection systems, live streaming infrastructure, custom audio-visual installations, video conferencing, etc.
- Experience with major industry manufacturers including Crestron, Shure, QSC, Biamp, Zoom, Dante, and NDI
- Be able to read and interpret wiring diagrams, A/V flow, and other engineering drawings as necessary
- Experience in general IT support and familiarity with networking concepts
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound business decisions with clear vision and leadership (including in emergency situations)
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language, deliver executive presentations, produce project status reports, and communicate deliverables to all stakeholders
- Highly self-motivated and directed, ready to work independently as part of a globally distributed team
- High attention to details, while executing multiple projects
- Proven creative and analytical problem-solving abilities
- Ability to translate ideas and capabilities into effective initiatives.
- Flexibility to support various requests and support that will off business hours occasionally
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills across several diverse technical and non-technical groups
Nice To Have
- 3+ years of experience using Computer Aided Drafting software.
- 3+ years of experience troubleshooting A/V, networking and computer systems.
- Experience in project management in an enterprise
- Experience in new construction, retrofit construction/job site experience
- Wiring and termination skills and experience, as well as proper installation techniques of all A/V equipment